2024 Presidential Election | 47 Days to Election Day

• Thread starter Thread starter nycfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 4K
  • Views: 88K
  • Politics 
And you want to be my latex salesman….

JD Vance will prove to be a worse VP selection than Sarah Palin. And that’s saying A LOT!

Attachments

• IMG_2364.jpeg
    IMG_2364.jpeg
    210.5 KB · Views: 21
George Floyd was killed in 2020, months after Harris dropped out of the primary. But progressives were definitely ascendant in the Democratic Party in 2019 and Harris’s prosecutor past was a liability.
Geez, for some reason I remember him being killed earlier than that. Weird.

One thing to remember is that many of her “extreme” positions were taken at a time four years ago when the progressives were at their “peak.” It came on the heels of the George Floyd killing, Bernie was leading after the first 3 primaries, and there was reflexive push to the far left to counter Trump’s regressive, Pro-police agenda when a lot of Americans were hurting.

I think Kamala tried to carve out her own space to the left of Biden and Buttigieg, but not as far as Bernie and Elizabeth Warren, and she struggled to articulate what she actually stood for. And because of the anti-police sentiment at the time, her career as a hardcore prosecutor worked against her.

Now, after four years of learning how to be “presidential,” and the fact she only had one opponent, she can lean into that law and order persona and not feel obligated to move too far left.
Understood and I agree. But remember, the people that will decide this election are the truly undecided. People actually undecided that could vote either way, after 8 years of Trump are not the brightest or most informed. They will never go that deep or contemplate what you just described. They vote on talking points and bumper stickers.

The young and too disenfranchised to vote, yeah they are a little smarter.

Understood and I agree. But remember, the people that will decide this election are the truly undecided. People actually undecided that could vote either way, after 8 years of Trump are not the brightest or most informed. They will never go that deep or contemplate what you just described. They vote on talking points and bumper stickers.

The young and too disenfranchised to vote, yeah they are a little smarter.
It's more about voter turnout. If anywhere close to 100% of eligible voters voted, the election results would be quite different.

I’m going to say it. Calla is not a net gain here.

His posts are childish and don’t add anything productive to the conversation.
Couldn't sleep so looking at this on my phone with one eye open. This would be a perfect opportunity to try out the ignore function it seems like. Ignore works so well here that it's essentially group moderation.

If you ignore a poster, they are gone from your posting experience. You will never see them again.

Couldn't sleep so looking at this on my phone with one eye open. This would be a perfect opportunity to try out the ignore function it seems like. Ignore works so well here that it's essentially group moderation.

If you ignore a poster, they are gone from your posting experience. You will never see them again.
Ignore quoted posts is such a simple concept and one I have been BEGGING 247 to implement for years. It would take the wind out of so many fights and salvage many threads.

Any time I hear a right winger like my cousin who barely graduated high school talk about "research" I visualize a 40 year old woman on her 3rd glass of wine at 10:00 at night googling shit that lights up her confirmation bias

It's more about voter turnout. If anywhere close to 100% of eligible voters voted, the election results would be quite different.
I ponder that sometimes I am not sure I want to find out?? Lots of folks that don't vote are kind of scary . Now I get what you are saying and yes turnout will be a big deal this go around

I hope someone can post the new Harris ad . I am technologically challenged
Freedom Freedom

Harris is apparently serious about trying to put Georgia back in play, something the Biden team had more or less conceded…

Excellent ad from the imagery to music to pacing to message.

Recapturing the message of "freedom" from a party of theocrats, oligarchs, kleptocrats, white supremacists, and undeniable fascists sounds like a winner. Tying healthcare, equal rights, economic opportunity, and choice to the simple message of "freedom" will hopefully cut through the Democrat self immolating tendency to over explain policy vs. "Our platform is the platform of freedom. Expansion of the ACA offers freedom to change jobs without fearing for your health or financial future. Enshrining reproductive rights, including IVF, in federal legislation is the freedom to choose. etc. etc. etc. "

looking at the RCP polls out since Biden stepped down 4 days ago :

national - Trump +1

Wisconsin - Tied
Michigan -Trump +1
PA - -Trump +2
GA - Trump +1.5 (Kamala in Atlanta today)

Polls appear to have closed quite a bit since Kamala became the presumptive nominee

What will the polls look like on August 1st ?

Jim Carrey Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Trump is all over the map here:

She’s a diabolical not very smart prosecutor in charge of weaponizing the DOJ against him because she’s a failed prosecutor who put too many people in jail?

Back