2024 Presidential Election | 47 Days to Election Day

• Thread starter Thread starter nycfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 4K
  • Views: 88K
  • Politics 
Trump is all over the map here:

She’s a diabolical not very smart prosecutor in charge of weaponizing the DOJ against him because she’s a failed prosecutor who put too many people in jail?

Reminds me of Yogi commenting on a restaurant...

"Nobody eats there anymore; It's too crowded"

Kamala is defining herself and the campaign

Very good ad !

Here's hoping Beyonce performs at the convention
I’m not sold on the Beyoncé thing. I have PTSD from the split screen channel surfing I was doing before the 2016 election, where on one channel Hillary was on stage with Beyoncé at a massive rally, and at the very same moment on the other channel was Trump looking presidential (something he had never managed to do up to that point in the campaign) with the secret service draped all over him because somebody at the rally yelled “gun”. The contrast was brutal.

Despite Hillary having a 5 point lead in the polls, my heart sank and I had the feeling that Trump, in that moment, had just won the election.

I’ll say this, the timing and framing was pitch perfect. I’m not saying it was staged, but I am saying if I was minister of propaganda, I couldn’t have put it together any better.

WSJ Opinion begs Trump to be a better campaigner …

“… An example: Notwithstanding abortion, the campaign’s biggest issue remains the unpopular Biden-Harris economy and inflation. Mr. Trump’s economic record when president, as compiled toward the end of his term by his Council of Economic Advisers, is impressive. But Mr. Trump struggles to present his own economic achievement with anything resembling clarity. It’s a hodgepodge of claims.

… The Harris campaign plans a nonstop ad hominem assault on Mr. Trump. Convicted, “will take us back” and all that. The rationale for going low is it will make Mr. Trump go even lower against “the first black woman to run for president.” That in turn will be the offset against Mr. Trump’s gains with the public from the assassination attempt.

Mr. Trump had a chance to close the deal with his acceptance speech. He didn’t. If Trump-rally mode is as good as it’s going to get, she has a chance.“

Those guys look so nervous about what Trump might say next, but don’t know why Trump’s team can’t convince him to quit saying he doesn’t need anymore votes. Well, I mean, I am sure they have tried and he just won’t listen, but try harder.

I'm beginning to wonder how much of what we thought we knew about Kamala... was being shaped by the Biden administration not wanting her to upstage Joe.

... and THIS isn't desecrating the flag (?!?!?!?):

trump flag GIF

I cannot believe what a difference a week has made. Holy smokes.
She's increasing support among black voters and young voters...

An ActiVote survey conducted between July 21 and 23 found 90 percent of Black voters backed Harris, compared to just 10 percent for the former president.

... in a Harris versus Trump contest, the same age group( 18-34) preferred Harris by 60% to Trump's 40%, giving Harris a substantial 20-point lead.

Those guys look so nervous about what Trump might say next, but don’t know why Trump’s team can’t convince him to quit saying he doesn’t need anymore votes. Well, I mean, I am sure they have tried and he just won’t listen, but try harder.

Oh my goodness what an idiot.

So glad to see you come over and join this board. I did not get a chance on the other board to apologize to you and the poster sensodime, but I’d like to do so now. You guys were completely right and I was completely wrong about the need for Joe Biden to pass the torch.
I wish we had landed with Bernie or Warren but Harris is better than Trump.

I wish we had landed with Bernie or Warren but Harris is better than Trump.
I hear you and respect that, even if I disagree with the first part (but obviously totally agree with the second!). Harris would probably not have been my first choice in a perfect world, but probably for different reasons than you have (I’m guessing she’s too far to the right for your tastes and she is too far to the left for my tastes, or at least she was when running in 2020. Hopefully that has changed and I’m guessing it has). But I do have to say, I have been absolutely floored – I’ve been completely and totally blown away – by her over the last 96 hours or so. She is absolutely killing it!

She's increasing support among black voters and young voters...

An ActiVote survey conducted between July 21 and 23 found 90 percent of Black voters backed Harris, compared to just 10 percent for the former president.

... in a Harris versus Trump contest, the same age group( 18-34) preferred Harris by 60% to Trump's 40%, giving Harris a substantial 20-point lead.
Black voters need to turn out like they did in 2008 for Obama

1721928101131.png
2020 for reference
1721928170384.png

Back