2024 Presidential Election | 47 Days to Election Day

• Thread starter Thread starter nycfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 4K
  • Views: 88K
  • Politics 
Well, folks, we have now returned to the regularly scheduled part of the program where all of the polls are going to be FAKE NEWS according to Republicans.

Dang it, nyc always beats me to it!
I'll up my compulsive posting meds soon, now that this site seems to be working out.

Jim Carrey Reaction GIF

Well, folks, we have now returned to the regularly scheduled part of the program where all of the polls are going to be FAKE NEWS according to Republicans.

Sorry, CFord, but I still don't trust horserace polls. However, they do seem to be trending as I would expect. Perhaps more importantly, registrations and young people's enthusiasm do seem to be spiking. Even my Bernie Bro son has mentioned that he's getting excited about "The K-Hive".

Sorry, CFord, but I still don't trust horserace polls. However, they do seem to be trending as I would expect. Perhaps more importantly, registrations and young people's enthusiasm do seem to be spiking. Even my Bernie Bro son has mentioned that he's getting excited about "The K-Hive".
Agreed! I'm with you. I don't put much stock in the polls other than as being interesting snapshots in time. I didn't put stock in them when Biden was leading briefly, nor when Trump opened up a lead on Biden, nor now when Harris is polling well against Trump. I put way more stock in registration trends, voter turnout trends, fundraising, the strength (or lack thereof) of grassroots efforts, traditional fundamentals, etc.

Vice President Kamala Harris told reporters on Thursday that she’s “ready to debate Donald Trump.”

She accused him of “backpedaling” away from a previous agreement for a debate hosted by ABC News on Sept. 10.

“I think the voters deserve to see the split screen that exists in this race on the debate stage,” she said after landing at Joint Base Andrews following a trip to Indiana and Texas.

Dems seemingly went from disarray to full array in a 48 hour span. Hopefully it sticks.
I might be verging a bit into conspiracy-thinking here, but I've been wondering if Biden actually made the decision to step aside a while ago. Maybe not June 27 or even July 10, but maybe sooner than he let on, and he didn't want to announce it until after the RNC, so the Pubs would spend all that time aiming at the wrong target -- while also working behind the scenes to promote unity and a blitz out of the gate.

That's all speculation, of course, and perhaps completely wrong. But possible. Biden's stridency near the end started to seem a bit phony to me, though again that's just speculation and not based in anything.

Back