College Football Catch-All Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter nycfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 303
  • Views: 4K
  • Sports 
Check this kid out. He enrolled at Ole Miss at 16 if I’m not mistaking. He’s now just 17 doing this. Austin Simmons..Plays baseball as well.

The thing is if FSU still ends up winning the ACC title somehow they still get into the playoffs.
Which is precisely why, with the new expanded playoff system, leaving the ACC is a dumb move. If Clemson and FSU move to the SEC or Big 10 they'll almost certainly become also-rans in those conferences, with little chance of making the playoffs even with the expanded system. But if they stay in the ACC and win the conference they'll almost certainly now get an invite, and maybe even the second-place team if they have no losses or just one loss to a good team.

Which is precisely why, with the new expanded playoff system, leaving the ACC is a dumb move. If Clemson and FSU move to the SEC or Big 10 they'll almost certainly become also-rans in those conferences, with little chance of making the playoffs even with the expanded system. But if they stay in the ACC and win the conference they'll almost certainly now get an invite, and maybe even the second-place team if they have no losses or just one loss to a good team.
I agree. It would be like leaving your local golf course where you shoot par or better every round and starting to play Augusta National and expecting the same score. By my understanding, the champions of the P4 conferences get the top four seeds and an automatic bye to the second round. It’s a lot easier to break par in the ACC than the SEC.

Maybe, but I would rather the Heels be in the SEC than the current ACC hodge podge.

Kansas State being my teams little brother, just got a BS call to help them win the game.

Back