College Football Catch-All Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter nycfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 303
  • Views: 4K
  • Sports 
Got a good multi view going on with Tenn slapping State, Nebraska stomping Colorado, and then the KU/Illinois and Wake/UVA games.

And somehow Bama only leads USF 14-6 at half?

Which is precisely why, with the new expanded playoff system, leaving the ACC is a dumb move. If Clemson and FSU move to the SEC or Big 10 they'll almost certainly become also-rans in those conferences, with little chance of making the playoffs even with the expanded system. But if they stay in the ACC and win the conference they'll almost certainly now get an invite, and maybe even the second-place team if they have no losses or just one loss to a good team.
Financially, staying in the ACC is a losing proposition.

It’s going to be a P2 and G7 (already is). Then, it’ll be a 48-64 team College Athletic Conference.

It’s going to be a P2 and G7 (already is). Then, it’ll be a 48-64 team College Athletic Conference.
I wish the Power 5 schools had broken away from the NCAA and formed their own league years ago. They had 65 teams with Notre Dame included.

I agree. It would be like leaving your local golf course where you shoot par or better every round and starting to play Augusta National and expecting the same score. By my understanding, the champions of the P4 conferences get the top four seeds and an automatic bye to the second round. It’s a lot easier to break par in the ACC than the SEC.

Nope.
  • The FIVE highest ranked (rankings by the CFP Committee) conference champions make the play-offs.
  • The next highest ranked 7 teams make the play-offs. Those 7 teams and the lowest ranked of the FIVE conference champions comprise Seeds #5-#12. They’re seeded by ranking (CFP Committee rankings). It’s possible the 5th highest ranked conference champion is the #12 seed AND isn’t in the Top 12 (or 20).
  • The 4 highest ranked conference champions are seeded #1-#4. Each of those 4 seeds have a first round bye. The FOUR (or FIVE) highest ranked conference champions might not be in the Top 4 or Top 5 or Top 12 ranked teams. They’re the 4 or 5 highest ranked CONFERENCE CHAMPIONS.
It’s entirely possible for the ACC Champion to be the 6th (or lower) ranked conference champion and be out of the Top 12 and miss the play-offs.

Only an undefeated ACC Conference champion has a shot at making the play-offs.

I wish the Power 5 schools had broken away from the NCAA and formed their own league years ago. They had 65 teams with Notre Dame included.
Absolutely no reason to include Wake, BC, Syracuse, d00k, Georgia Tech, Vandy, Mississippi State, South Carolina, Missouri, Northwestern, Rutgers, Purdue or Indiana (jettison one), Cal, Washington State, Oregon State, Arizona State, and a host of Big 12 schools.

Absolutely no reason to include Wake, BC, Syracuse, d00k, Georgia Tech, Vandy, Mississippi State, South Carolina, Missouri, Northwestern, Rutgers, Purdue or Indiana (jettison one), Cal, Washington State, Oregon State, Arizona State, and a host of Big 12 schools.
You're going to need them if you have a 64 school league.

Well, I hope that Clemson and FSU enjoy fading into national irrelevance as also-rans in whatever new megaconference they end up joining.

KU fans delusionally thinking we were gonna win the Big 12 and go to the CFP.

Nope!

Really digging the old school Steely Dan played in the background on ABC feed between bits of UT whooping NC state

State fans will be back home in Raleigh before this game is over in Charlotte. They left mid 3rd quarter. UT fans will invade Trade and Tryon bars all night.

Back