DEI and Misogynistic & Foreign/Other Political Attacks on Harris

• Thread starter Thread starter nycfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 322
  • Views: 5K
  • Politics 
Wow....you are the dishonest one, aren't you.

I assume, because it's true, that DEI/AA puts kids into universities where they otherwise would not be accepted.

That's the ENTIRE point, ya know.
Nah

Simmer down on the personal insults, please.
I am chastened.

Let me put it this way. In the corporate world DEI does (at least) two extremely valuable things:

1) it removes obvious and hidden bias from hiring and employee development through frameworks and techniques that bring real objectivity to those critical functions.

2) it offers a path to a sense of belonging and motivation through inclusive practices like employee resource groups, mentoring programs, executive coaching and staff/team recognition.

Neither of these are race-based. In my experience those who pontificate against DEI programs have no earthly idea what they actually are or do, previously and deservedly insulted company most definitely included.

Saying two things are different isn't saying one is more correct, you dunce.
I think part of the problem is that you keep writing "DEI/AA" as if those two things are the same. It would be like referring to the "Dean/Gut/Doh" approach to personnel management.

Then you shorten DEI/AA to DEI (intentionally or not) and so you end up making claims that are entirely false. DEI does not give admissions preferences. It does not give a leg up.

If you want to talk about AA, then talk about it. If you want to talk about DEI, you can do that too. When you talk about them as if they are the same (or even similar), the result is posts that are inaccurate, appear confused and seem mean-spirited.

Just a thought.

This isn't about me or you or any other individual. You mean nothing to me. You are a name on a screen. Your opinion of me means nothing to me.

This is about intellectual honesty vs intellectual dishonesty. This is about acknowledging what we ALL know is true - DEI and Affirmative Action are going to raise questions in peoples' minds about why a POC (just not Asian) got into MIT or some other elite college, It's being able to acknowledge that an AA admission may have taken the spot of another student. It's being able to acknowledge those things while still defending DEI/AA without circling the wagons and attack those who are saying what we all know to be true.
When you see a white person at Harvard or Yale or MIT, do you assume that they got in due to their legacy heritage?

I think part of the problem is that you keep writing "DEI/AA" as if those two things are the same. It would be like referring to the "Dean/Gut/Doh" approach to personnel management.

Then you shorten DEI/AA to DEI (intentionally or not) and so you end up making claims that are entirely false. DEI does not give admissions preferences. It does not give a leg up.

If you want to talk about AA, then talk about it. If you want to talk about DEI, you can do that too. When you talk about them as if they are the same (or even similar), the result is posts that are inaccurate, appear confused and seem mean-spirited.

Just a thought.
You keep moving the goal post....

Again, it's not about me. It's about intellectual honesty, acknowledging, as true, all things that are true, even if they are might be inconvenient to your position. It's about having honest, adult discussions about topics, not people.

Last edited:
Simmer down on the personal insults, please.
This is same shit the idiot mods on IC did forever. Make broad sweeping racist and homophobic statements? Snoop and altmin will tongue your rotten asshole for a decade! Call someone a braying donkey? Oh heavens, alert the church elders!

This isn’t fucking rocket science - look at the thread about the female boxer. You have the same bigoted shit rags that Snoop cumgargled for years making bad faith transphobic arguments with absolutely no moderator input. And I’m fine with that but you can’t have it both ways - either you do a better job editing that nonsense or you say it’s fine to call gtyellowjacket a racist piece of human garbage who should have his skull ripped out of his asshole and shot into the sun.

This is same shit the idiot mods on IC did forever. Make broad sweeping racist and homophobic statements? Snoop and altmin will tongue your rotten asshole for a decade! Call someone a braying donkey? Oh heavens, alert the church elders!

This isn’t fucking rocket science - look at the thread about the female boxer. You have the same bigoted shit rags that Snoop cumgargled for years making bad faith transphobic arguments with absolutely no moderator input. And I’m fine with that but you can’t have it both ways - either you do a better job editing that nonsense or you say it’s fine to call gtyellowjacket a racist piece of human garbage who should have his skull ripped out of his asshole and shot into the sun.
Please report any content you find objectionable. We can't read every post in every thread.

Second, two of your four posts on this forum are overly vulgar to the point of absurdity so I'd please ask you to clean it up a bit. Thanks.

Please report any content you find objectionable. We can't read every post in every thread.

Second, two of your four posts on this forum are overly vulgar to the point of absurdity so I'd please ask you to clean it up a bit. Thanks.
No!

More than 20 USC student groups object to ‘hurtful’ Kamala Harris roast on campus

Read more at: https://www.thestate.com/news/local/education/article291942575.html#storylink=cpy

“… Uncensored America, a student organization that claims to be a nonpartisan, nonprofit fighting for freedom of speech, is hosting a “roast” of Harris, the Democratic presidential nominee, at the Russell House on Sept. 18. The event will be hosted by Gavin McInnes and Milo Yiannopoulos. …

Days later, USC leaders released a statement condemning the “the vile and juvenile rhetoric” used to promote the event. But they also explained that as a public institution, the university is required to allow the event, citing students’ freedom of speech and open dialogue. The event is not endorsed by USC, however. …”

Here is what started the objections:

IMG_2744.jpeg

More than 20 USC student groups object to ‘hurtful’ Kamala Harris roast on campus

Read more at: https://www.thestate.com/news/local/education/article291942575.html#storylink=cpy

“… Uncensored America, a student organization that claims to be a nonpartisan, nonprofit fighting for freedom of speech, is hosting a “roast” of Harris, the Democratic presidential nominee, at the Russell House on Sept. 18. The event will be hosted by Gavin McInnes and Milo Yiannopoulos. …

Days later, USC leaders released a statement condemning the “the vile and juvenile rhetoric” used to promote the event. But they also explained that as a public institution, the university is required to allow the event, citing students’ freedom of speech and open dialogue. The event is not endorsed by USC, however. …”

Here is what started the objections:

IMG_2744.jpeg
“Nonpartisan” lol

Back