Democratic National Convention August 19-22 (Chicago) - Kamala DNC speech got 22% more viewer than Trump RNC speech

• Thread starter Thread starter nycfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 1K
  • Views: 26K
Questions, questions, and more questions ...

What's the story on the delegates who voted "Present"? Has Tulsi Gabbard and her clones become Democrats again? Were these delegates still butthurt about Biden's exit? Were they contrarians? Did they take a long bathroom break when the voting was happening? Do they not like Californians?

What's the deal?

Not to inject too much negativity here, but watching the deep bench of Democratic talent at the DNC and really over the last 4 weeks has renewed my irritation with Biden/his political team for refusing to use a lot of those talented folks as spokespeople during Biden's tenure. It has not just been that Biden, always a fairly poor speaker even in his prime, became incapable of messaging his own administration's priorities and successes, but that his team's fear of Biden's weakness as an orator being emphasized by other politicians promoting Democratic agenda and fighting MAGA Republicans has shrouded a lot of up and coming Democratic politicians.

I think part of the joy of these last 4+ weeks has been so many people across the spectrum from far left progressives to Democratic moderates and even homeless neocons/never-Trump Republicans has been with having an open mic platform to share their views free from the scratchy, gray blanket of Biden protectionism.

Questions, questions, and more questions ...

What's the story on the delegates who voted "Present"? Has Tulsi Gabbard and her clones become Democrats again? Were these delegates still butthurt about Biden's exit? Were they contrarians? Did they take a long bathroom break when the voting was happening? Do they not like Californians?

What's the deal?
I'm not sure but speculating, could have been delegates attached to the "Uncommitted" movement that formed to try to pressure Biden over Palestine by withholding their primary vote

I'm not sure but speculating, could have been delegates attached to the "Uncommitted" movement that formed to try to pressure Biden over Palestine by withholding their primary vote
Yes, I think there were about three dozen or so of them.

A group of uncommitted delegates to the Democratic National Convention and their allies warned Vice President Kamala Harris Monday that her chances of winning the presidential election are still threatened by her failure to embrace calls for an arms embargo and immediate Israeli cease-fire in Gaza.

They also could not guarantee an absence of disruptions inside the convention hall this week. …”

——
I think the DNC planners hope that giving these uncommitted folks room to register their status in roll call would deflate attempts at more significant protests (disruptions) inside the convention hall.

I didn't think about that. Possibly a good call.

So, so, so true. I still can’t believe how misguided I was about Obama in 2008. I had come around by 2012 because if you watch the man for thirty seconds, you know he’s nothing like what Rush and Hannity were constantly describing. Now I can’t believe how many people made the same mistake about Kamala. The biggest problem for the right wing disinformation machine is that it takes so little to see how absolutely full of BS they are about every single thing.
As someone who found their way out of the bubble, is there any suggestions you have for others trying to extract their family? I know probably a lot of this has to happen on one's own as human nature is to double down on say a Fox News crutch, but I am generally curious.

One thing I still here from the Dems is talk about unity and there is more that unite us than divide us. Might be true, probably is. But I just don't know how we're supposed to be united with people that still hold onto to racist and bigoted beliefs.

CNN reports tonight John Legend will perform a tribute to Prince tonight in lead-up to Walz speech.

Pink will perform tomorrow ahead of Kamala’s speech.

Pretty confident no one at the actual DNC was murdered or was burning flags

Back