Election legal battles & fraud claims | Trump new “CEASE AND DESIST” voter fraud threat

• Thread starter Thread starter nycfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 90
  • Views: 2K
  • Politics 
Meh - both Harris and Trump see this as THE battleground state this election.
No I am saying him already claiming fraud, etc etc. He does that when he's scared he is losing. If he were confident he would be more quiet. He's got signs from his staff he's in trouble.

But yes it is definitely "the" state.

It’s crazy to me that we have citizens (some in these boards) that support this.
Look at it from their perspective. They believe everything that Trump says meaning they believe the Democrats stole the 2020 election.

When you accept that as their starting point, the rest is just an attempt to make sure that 2024 is not stolen.

Pretty much all Trump voters I know fit this category. In their eyes they aren’t trying to steal the election. They are trying to prevent the election from being stolen.

This is why Trump’s rhetoric the last 4+ years has been so harmful to our country. There is basically no way to come back from the damage he has done.

At best case we are stuck on in a perpetual cycle of election denialism and fights in the courts. At worst the fight spreads beyond the legal system.

I can’t really envision how we get out of this mess unless the right decides to denounce Trumpism and election denialism - maybe after Trump dies. I don’t know.

People shouldn’t believe anything that Trump says but they are in bubbles where everyone takes it at face value that Trump is telling the truth.

How sad is this pathetic GQP...

WASHINGTON ― House Speaker Mike Johnson (R-La.) has attached a bill aimed at keeping non-citizens from voting in federal elections to a must-pass government funding bill set for a vote this week.

It’s already illegal for non-citizens to vote in federal elections, but Republicans want to amplify former president Donald Trump’s lies that Democrats are using illegal voters to steal the 2024 election from him.

Look at it from their perspective. They believe everything that Trump says meaning they believe the Democrats stole the 2020 election.

When you accept that as their starting point, the rest is just an attempt to make sure that 2024 is not stolen.

Pretty much all Trump voters I know fit this category. In their eyes they aren’t trying to steal the election. They are trying to prevent the election from being stolen.

This is why Trump’s rhetoric the last 4+ years has been so harmful to our country. There is basically no way to come back from the damage he has done.

At best case we are stuck on in a perpetual cycle of election denialism and fights in the courts. At worst the fight spreads beyond the legal system.

I can’t really envision how we get out of this mess unless the right decides to denounce Trumpism and election denialism - maybe after Trump dies. I don’t know.

People shouldn’t believe anything that Trump says but they are in bubbles where everyone takes it at face value that Trump is telling the truth.
I agree. I can’t believe people believe anything he says. Same concept, I think.

Gift Link - https://wapo.st/3B7h8Pu

Elon Musk’s misleading election claims reach millions and alarm election officials​

The X billionaire’s false posts about noncitizen voting spur officials to fact-check him, lead to requests to purge voter rolls, and add to worries about threats, election officials say.

Trump's M.O. is pretty much the George Costanza episode.

Except it is not, "if everything I do is wrong, I should just do the opposite." But rather it is, and has been... "Everything I have falsely accused the other side of doing, I myself have actually been doing all along, will continue to do, and plan to finish in the future."

I almost wish Harris would make a public comment that, "I don't know why Republicans bother voting. I will win no matter what they do." I wonder how many true believers would stay home on election day in protest...

Back