Harris/Walz Catch-All | Harris does Oprah interview/Town Hall

• Thread starter Thread starter aGDevil2k
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 251
  • Views: 6K
  • Politics 
Why is it a bad thing for a politician to change positions on certain matters?

For a liberal in particular, flexible thinking should be seen as a positive attribute. People do change their minds.

I get that these changes of heart are often politically motivated but I don’t think it’s crazy to think that a reasonable person can sincerely have a change of heart.

Explanation and track record should be considered when examining the motivation for changing a position.
Not only a change of heart personally but being open to listening to others and conceding something to them in the interest of compromise and fairness should be rewarded rather than loathed. It shouldn’t be a negative to come out and say I’ve personally been against fracking because I think it causes irreparable environmental harm and continues the dependence on fossil fuels, but talking to every day Americans I understand that any kind of ban would cause harm to the livelihoods of many Americans and we need to utilize incentives for cleaner energy rather than bans on legacy energy sources to move the country forward toward energy independence and addressing the climate crisis. There’s nothing wrong with that position and the media needs to stop acting like something is wrong with it. That said, fuck Donald Trump on his attempt to flip-flop on abortion because he’s getting bad polling numbers on it. The only reason abortion is even a major issue in the election is because he appointed 3 extremist justices to SCOTUS.

Last edited:
So with Harris doing the bus tour starting in Florida, could Bouzy really be on to something?? They must be seeing something

I didn’t watch the interview live last night but I think I’ve caught up now. Seems like Kamala did just fine. Questions to her seemed fair and she handled them well. I haven’t seen any flubs, etc. She passed the “adult in the room” question with flying colors.

The questions to Tim, while far fewer, were pathetic. Asking him only about the “weapons in war” comment and other overblown BS? What a waste of time. How about, “During your most recent term as governor, Minnesota passed an incredible number of bills with a tiny Democratic majority. Many of them are considered extremely progressive, and they will cost the state a lot of money. What have you learned from that experience that you would take into a Harris-Walz administration? And will you be pushing for the same highly progressive policies at the national level that Minnesota enacted under your leadership?”

Asking him about a DUI from decades ago? Gag me with a spoon, Dana.
W was doing cocaine while 41 was POTUS.

So with Harris doing the bus tour starting in Florida, could Bouzy really be on to something?? They must be seeing something

In 2020 Latinos in Texas and Florida were contacted in Spanish via Whatsapp by Trump bots. The messaging included warnings to Latino voters that blacks (I suppose linked to Kamala as VP?) were going to steal their jobs and rape their daughters. I am not kidding.

Since that hasn't actually transpired and Gov. Walz and VP Harris have hard working blue collar backgrounds, while Trump hires illegal migrants for Mar-a-Lago, there appears to be a rebound of Latino support for the Harris - Walz ticket.

Not only a change of heart personally but being open to listening to others and conceding something to them in the interest of compromise and fairness should be rewarded rather than loathed. It shouldn’t be a negative to come out and say I’ve personally been against fracking because I think it causes irreparable environmental harm and continues the dependence on fossil fuels, but talking to every day Americans I understand that any kind of ban would cause harm to the livelihoods of many Americans and we need to utilize incentives for cleaner energy rather than bans on legacy energy sources to move the country forward toward energy independence and addressing the climate crisis. There’s nothing wrong with that position and the media needs to stop acting like something is wrong with it. That said, fuck Donald Trump on his attempt to flip-flop on abortion because he’s getting bad polling numbers on it. The only reason abortion is even a major issue in the election is because he appointed 3 extremist justices to SCOTUS.

There is (a) what you'd like to do as Chief Executive vs. (b) what you can actually do as Chief Executive. That's why pragmatic hands-on experience matters that yields results.

All Trump passed and signed was the disastrous 2017 tax bill that has cost my middle class family in aggregate about $30,000...and made sure that land barons living or moving to states with no state income tax (e.g., Florida - gee, I wonder who this benefitted) and their billionaire oligarch-wannabe friends paid no taxes or far less in taxes.

I understand why some people wanted Shapiro for VP, and if Trump narrowly wins PA, you could argue choosing him would have been the right move, but man, I can’t think of a better Dem to have on the trail for the next couple of months than Walz.

Back