Horror Movie Thread

circlesky88

Exceptional Member
nycfan mentioned this in another thread but with Halloween not all that far away what are some good horror movies? I'm looking forward to seeing Longlegs, I've like the director's(Oz Perkins) other movies and this has gotten good reviews.
And if you like horror movies the streaming service Shudder is amazing. I joined when they had a promotion, one year for $31. A ton of classics plus a lot of their own movies. Sure, some are crap but their batting average ain't bad. I just watched Late Night with the Devil which was excellent.

Last edited:
I don’t see nearly as many as I used to because my husband has become very sensitive to violence, so I have to be selective/watch alone.

X is my favorite fairly recent horror flick.i really want to see Late Night with the Devil, but haven’t found the opportunity yet …

Oh yeah, I really liked No One Will Save You. That’s one I got my husband to watch due to sci fi angle and we both liked it. It would make a great double-feature with Vast of Night.

The Night House was suitably creepy but I thought not as good as its reviews had me expecting (high bar issue, worth watching but with reasonable expectations for a high end maybe supernatural ghost story/thriller).

My want to see list:

Late Night with the Devil
The Menu
Maxxine
Pearl
Barbarian
The First Omen
Black Phone(?)
Malignant
The Lighthouse

I read a lot of horror though and there has been a real resurgence of the horror novel genre IMO.

My want to see list:

Late Night with the Devil
The Menu
Maxxine
Pearl
Barbarian
The First Omen
Black Phone(?)
Malignant
The Lighthouse

I read a lot of horror though and there has been a real resurgence of the horror novel genre IMO.
Looking forward to Maxxxine because I enjoyed the first two in the series.
Barbarian is amazing and it is best to go in blind, don't read too much about it beforehand.
Black Phone was okay(filmed in Wilmington!).
Didn't like The Lighthouse but I'm not an Eggers fan I guess because I didn't really like The Witch either.

Spooky season is here. Watched the infamous BBC tv movie Ghost Watch. Not bad as an early found footage movie(a genre I love). Spotting a glimpse of the ghost Pipes was a fun exercise.

Back