JD Vance Catch-all | “we have to destroy the universities in this country”

• Thread starter Thread starter nycfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 831
  • Views: 17K
  • Politics 
It's getting to the point where you have to wonder if he's intentionally trying to sink Trump.

Eh, I don't know. I think Vance, DeSantis, Cruz, Ramaswamy, Scott, Pence, etc are all off-putting in a similar, creepy, weird way.
They’re all off-putting, in part because they’re not only Trump supporters; they suck up to Trump. DeSantis, Vance, and Cruz take the weird to unusual “heights.”

I can't put my finger on it but Vance is uniquely off putting compared to say DeSantis or other GOP politicians.
The uncanny valley is a reference to representations of humans getting really creepy when they are close to accurate but not quite there. A crudely drawn cartoon isn’t creepy. Really good CGI isn’t creepy. A detailed bit of computer animation that’s just a little off is super creepy.

Vance is close to normal in some ways so the creepy bits stand out. It’s not that he has no sense of humor, he just has a truly awful one. He can seem incredibly comfortable saying weird, creepy nonsense. DeSantis never seemed comfortable doing anything. Vance imitates normal just well enough to come across like Dexter Morgan. He’s in a political uncanny valley.

The electoral college essentially does, in a different way, what he is saying. If you apply the idea to having children, it sounds even more silly.

I bought a new RAV IV a couple of months ago $32,000 . I guess I am cheap as all get out. Paying 32 made me mad at myself but I needed a car that could hold two baby seats comfortably
Kinda laughing at that "cheap as all get out" self-assessment, I bought a 2010 Buick Lucerne a few years ago for $5K, love it. Haven't spent a dime on it besides oil changes. Rides like a dream. I'll probably replace it with a 2016-ish model when it blows up, but I suspect that won't be for quite a few more years...

Back