JD Vance Catch-all | (Merged with newest JD Vance stand-alone thread)

• Thread starter Thread starter nycfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 799
  • Views: 17K
  • Politics 

IIRC, the young woman in question was a contestant in the Miss Teen USA Pagent from South Carolina. And the posters on which ever predecessor board I was on then did not exactly cover themselves in glory in critiquing her performance or the state she was representing. And for years thereafter, her photo, the same one J. D. Vance used, was used as a meme to ridicule someone for making a stupid post. Not condoning what Vance did or his refusal to apologize, but lets also remember what our group did at the time.

IIRC, the young woman in question was a contestant in the Miss Teen USA Pagent from South Carolina. And the posters on which ever predecessor board I was on then did not exactly cover themselves in glory in critiquing her performance or the state she was representing. And for years thereafter, her photo, the same one J. D. Vance used, was used as a meme to ridicule someone for making a stupid post. Not condoning what Vance did or his refusal to apologize, but lets also remember what our group did at the time.
It is true. I know I piled on at the time, but then got appalled at how it got out of control. I think that is why it struck me that he dredged it up now to attack Harris.

It is true. I know I piled on at the time, but then got appalled at how it got out of control. I think that is why it struck me that he dredged it up now to attack Harris.
What's funny is she is a hardcore Republican and anti-vaxxer. So using her to insult Harris is an interesting strategy.

Yeah, but "our" group didn't do it when running for VP, and not on national TV, and not on a twitter account followed by millions because the speaker is a US Senator running for VP. I put "our" in quotes because I never did it, but even if I had, there's such an enormous difference between a message board post and the vice-presidential nominee of a major party that I don't think the comparison is apt at all.

It’s like when he has to answer a question he goes into computer silence mode using internal algorithm to process his reply. Awkward pauses that last a second too long. Sort of like electronic chess, except it’s more on the level of checkers.

It’s like when he has to answer a question he goes into computer silence mode using internal algorithm to process his reply. Awkward pauses that last a second too long. Sort of like electronic chess, except it’s more on the level of checkers.
Uncanny Valley: A psychological phenomenon that describes the feeling of unease or disgust people experience when something is almost, but not quite, human-like.

You really have to listen to this pontificating to appreciate how much he seems to loathe women past child-bearing age. It is genuinely weird and sounds a bit sociopathic…

What a perverse way to view the world. He would be a sick and dangerous man in power.

Likely president.
Don't think there's anyway you can qualify it as likely. It's absolutely a possibility but likely would infer that he is ahead in the polls, public sentiment, betting markets, etc. Historically, he hasn't done well in elections since 2016 showing he is not a good candidate.

Back