Kyle Rittenhouse gets sideways with MAGA; Reverses Course

• Thread starter Thread starter nycfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 92
  • Views: 2K
This was the rare political news story that was fun, hilarious, and required very little time and zero emotional investment.

Kid obviously wasn't delt the best hand when it comes to parents.

How many mothers do you know that would drive their kid to another state to murder people?

Also, who would read a book about this kid?
To be fair, “another state” was like 5 miles away where he worked. And while he may not be the brightest bulb in the bunch he did not murder anybody.

To be fair, “another state” was like 5 miles away where he worked. And while he may not be the brightest bulb in the bunch he did not murder anybody.
He did kill.

What’s that 6th Commandment? Thou shalt not kill.

He went there with a gun, a willingness to use it, and no training in law enforcement or the military.

He was a disaster waiting to happen; and, the disaster happened.

He did kill.

What’s that 6th Commandment? Thou shalt not kill.

He went there with a gun, a willingness to use it, and no training in law enforcement or the military.

He was a disaster waiting to happen; and, the disaster happened.
Oh yeah, I agree with all of that. But “murder” is different than “kill”. He put himself in a bad situation and then that situation escalated largely due to the actions of somebody else. He should never have been there but neither should most of the people that were out there.

Nice signature line. That's how I feel. I had gotten really bad on the other board with some posters.
Thanks UaT. Same here with not getting along great with some of the other posters on the ZZLP, but as I posted about several times over the last week, it kind of wears on you after 8 years, especially if you have many of the MAGA types in your family as I do. Nevertheless, I'm determined to do better here and be more tolerant of even the MAGA people. I used to be a conservative until the Iraq war, and then when McCain nominated Palin, I was like, "okay, I'm out."

And I doubt he had any “productive conversations” with anyone.
I’d bet he had some “productive conversations” with some crazy MAGA’s who threatened to exercise their 2nd amendment right, he got spooked, and figured it was safer to backpedal.

Pretty sure it already has. This will be a tough one to live down and get back on the speaker circuit.

It is not as though Kyle has demonstrated a history of making sound, well-thought out decisions.

Right. Among talentless, merit-less people, this was the most ill-advised way to fumble away money and celebrity since Jared Fogle.

Of course he murdered someone. He brought an AR15 across state lines to start some shit. He intended to use it and he did.

I understand the legal process availed him of it, but he’s every bit the murdered that George Zimmerman was.

Of course he murdered someone. He brought an AR15 across state lines to start some shit. He intended to use it and he did.

I understand the legal process availed him of it, but he’s every bit the murdered that George Zimmerman was.

I don’t know what the “across state lines” bit has to do with anything. He went like 10 miles from the city that he lived in to the city that he worked in. While it was dumb to do that in the first place, every time he shot it was in self-defense. No one would have been shot that night had the crazy pedophile dude who just got out of prison left Rittenhouse alone.

Back