Mark Robinson thread | Report - Pressure on Robinson to drop out?

They should have held the story until tomorrow. 😒
I don't see NC Democrats as releasing this story - they are probably Robinson's biggest supporters of staying in the race right now. It seems as if it's NC Republicans and perhaps the Trump campaign that is behind the leak. They're trying to get Robinson to quit before the deadline tonight.

I don't see NC Democrats as releasing this story - they are probably Robinson's biggest supporters of staying in the race right now. It seems as if it's NC Republicans and perhaps the Trump campaign that is behind the leak. They're trying to get Robinson to quit before the deadline tonight.
I would not be surprised at all if NC Dems are ultimately behind the story. They'd love nothing more than for a huge story to blow up with negative things about Robinson.

I would be very surprised if they were behind the leak today that the story is coming out. That is all but certain to be coming from the GOP to try to get Robinson out of the race.

I would not be surprised at all if NC Dems are ultimately behind the story. They'd love nothing more than for a huge story to blow up with negative things about Robinson.

I would be very surprised if they were behind the leak today that the story is coming out. That is all but certain to be coming from the GOP to try to get Robinson out of the race.
Yes, this is where I am.

It's really a shame none of this didn't come out when Robinson was running for Lt Governor - my understanding is that if the Democrat had won that election cooper was going to run for Senate in 2022
As others have posted before, almost no one (unfortunately) pays much attention to state races below governor and US Senator. These lesser races usually receive far less attention and publicity, and in NC that often gives the advantage to Republicans, as many people just automatically vote for the magic (R) next to their name. I don't think Robinson will win, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if the equally loony GOP Public Ed Superintendent candidate wins or Jeff Jackson loses his race to Dan Bishop, as horrible as that would be.

Have the Republicans ever simply considered not putting insane weirdo freaks on, like, every single one of their tickets?
I swear I am sold that Berger and Moore like being in charge so much they want all the other Pub state officials to be complete bozos

HA! I went to high school with that douchesnozzle. He’s had his own issues recently as well.
I am now in his district Sheet I hope he loses I have no idea how many republican voters they have crammed into my district this go around Did his ex wife paly kissy with Tim Moore?

I am now in his district Sheet I hope he loses I have no idea how many republican voters they have crammed into my district this go around Did his ex wife paly kissy with Tim Moore?
Yep that’s the guy. Even in highschool he would dress like a middle-aged pub, wearing sweater vests and penny loafers. Got caught cheating on one of my good friends while they were dating. So all his issues check out. He’s just in it for the title/power.

The good news is it’s hard to see Robinson being removed from the ticket as meaningfully helping Trump’s chance in North Carolina. I can’t imagine that there are many, if any, voters who were going to show up to vote for Robinson but also vote against Trump. Also, can’t really imagine there are many, if any, Republican voters who will say “you know what, I wasn’t going to even vote since Mark Robinson was on the ballot, but now that he’s not, I’m definitely going to show up to vote!”
It’s not about potential Robinson-Harris/3rd Party voters. It’s about Susan Collins-type pearl clutchers. There absolutely are a number of them.

Back