Mark Robinson thread | Report - Pressure on Robinson to drop out?

I feel pretty certain that there is nothing that Robinson could have possibly said, done, or written that would be bad enough to turn the Republican Party against him- this is simply because Robinson is tanking Trump‘s chances in a state that is a can’t-lose for the Trump campaign. It’s certainly not some principled stand by the GOP or anything.

Is it possible that Pubs are behind this out of fear that Robinson is dragging other Republican candidates down?
100%. I'd be shocked if this isn't orchestrated by the ttump campaign. Appears unlikely the NC GQP will win the governor's race, irrespective of changing candidates, but they know Robinson can't win and that NC is now fair game in the general election.

I feel pretty certain that there is nothing that Robinson could have possibly said, done, or written that would be bad enough to turn the Republican Party against him- this is simply because Robinson is tanking Trump‘s chances in a state that is a can’t-lose for the Trump campaign. It’s certainly not some principled stand by the GOP or anything.
This. No way whatever comes out would be worse than what's already known about this clown. He's an anchor around the neck of Trump's chances in NC, so he's gotta go. How much better would a last-minute replacement be for them?

Rumor is Vance, when he visited this weekend, told Robinson to kick rocks. And the Trump campaign has been distant from him.

They know. They’ve known. And he could bring down 45’s ambitions here, and it could cost him the election.

If he drops out, his name will still be on the ballot. Whoever the NCGOP chooses as his replacement candidate will get any Robinson votes.

The good news is it’s hard to see Robinson being removed from the ticket as meaningfully helping Trump’s chance in North Carolina. I can’t imagine that there are many, if any, voters who were going to show up to vote for Robinson but also vote against Trump. Also, can’t really imagine there are many, if any, Republican voters who will say “you know what, I wasn’t going to even vote since Mark Robinson was on the ballot, but now that he’s not, I’m definitely going to show up to vote!”

Can he be replaced on the ballot? Today is the last day to drop out but to get the name off the ballot has already passed.
And does the GOP care that much about the office of governor? They've already neutered the power of the office so it is not that big a deal if a democrat wins it again.

I, for one, would like to encourage Mark Robinson to stand strong in the face of these attacks and to refuse to drop out of the race for NC Governor.

He should not bend to pressure from outside forces and should instead continue his fight to lead our state no matter what utterly salacious details come out about him.

Back