Mass Shooting & Gun Violence catch-all | Kentucky Sheriff kills KY Judge in courthouse?

• Thread starter Thread starter nycfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 519
  • Views: 8K
  • Politics 
You realize that the "lengthy prison term" wouldn't begin until after they're found guilty of a crime and being able to "bond out" only happens while they're awaiting trial, yes? And that typically those out on bond or on probation/parole for crimes involving weapons aren't allowed to possess firearms and so being caught with said firearms would put them right back in jail either awaiting trial or for a violation of their probation/parole?

How would your proposed solution help our situation?
Don't let them bond out for certain crimes. Pretty simple. Durham PD recently chased a convicted felon who was already on probation for shooting someone with an illegal gun. He ran from them in a stolen car and was found with another stolen gun. He was booked and then bonded out again the next day. When there are no consequences for shooting people, or stealing guns, or carrying guns illegally, people will keep doing that stuff.

I'm all for the ignore feature. People like Ag who don't like their arguments challenged and who only want to live in their bubbles where everyone tells them how right they are all the time can be happy, and I don't have to deal with their posts anymore either. Win-win.
Yeah. That's what it is. It has nothing to do with your obstinance or your determination to always have the last word by repeating the same (frequently already discredited) bullshit over and over and over.

Dude, it's not that posters "don't like their arguments challenged." It's about growing weary of not having their arguments intelligently challenged. You're the pigeon on the chessboard.

I mean I don't believe you.

Pretty simple.

Sorry some dude raped you, did you shoot him? Did you report it?
Imagine how privileged someone must be to not think that crime exists. How out of touch.

Unfortunately, it did happen. The good news is that it doesn't matter what you think, you're never taking my firearms away. Or anyone else's. You lost the battle and the war. Hell, I might go out and buy another one today just because I can.

And people wonder why the 2A is an issue that is a poison pill for Democrats. "Hey, good people. I'm here to tell you that crime doesn't exist, and I want to take your guns away. Don't believe your eyes, your ears, or what you have experienced. Just believe me. I read a book once so I know everything about your life." LMAO

Don't bother replying. You're ignored.

Yeah. That's what it is. It has nothing to do with your obstinance or your determination to always have the last word by repeating the same (frequently already discredited) bullshit over and over and over.

Dude, it's not that posters "don't like their arguments challenged." It's about growing weary of not having their arguments intelligently challenged. You're the pigeon on the chessboard.

I'm one of the only ones on here who consistently throws out facts and statistics that can be verified. Too often, the response is "dang, he got me, let me deflect and change the subject entirely by attacking him personally." It is transparent. You put BS in and you get BS out. Case and point, harold yesterday. I came at him with stats and his only response was "that's racist." I bring up a traumatic personal experience and the response is "nah." It is like debating a turtle. If you don't want to be treated like an idiot, don't come at me like one.

Last edited:
I think some people need to own guns. Some people do not. Look at your own situation and make an informed decision. Do you have smoke alarms in your house? 99.99% of people will never need them. Do you have an irrational fear of fire?
Do really see guns as risk mitigation? The way smoke detectors are and the way seat belts are?

I'd imaging the risk of a car accident is 10,000 times greater than a risk where the defense of a gun is required.

Again, I don't care if you choose to own a gun, just please give up this bullshit argument that its for your safety.

Imagine how privileged someone must be to not think that crime exists. How out of touch.

Unfortunately, it did happen. The good news is that it doesn't matter what you think, you're never taking my firearms away. Or anyone else's. You lost the battle and the war. Hell, I might go out and buy another one today just because I can.

And people wonder why the 2A is an issue that is a poison pill for Democrats. "Hey, good people. I'm here to tell you that crime doesn't exist, and I want to take your guns away. Don't believe your eyes, your ears, or what you have experienced. Just believe me. I read a book once so I know everything about your life." LMAO

Don't bother replying. You're ignored.
Hey BoTime, no one said crime doesn't exist.

Your logic is so flawed.

Last edited:
I think this thread should be re-titled "Stupid Analogies"
He sounds like others I've read on social media.

It's their binary view of life. "We'll laws didn’t stop all murders or DII's, so how are gun laws going to work?"

There's simple no logic behind the approach.

I was at work. It was in the winter so it was dark outside but my wife hadn't gone to bed yet so she hadn't armed the security system. Someone tried to break in through a first-floor window. My wife heard a noise and the dog started barking. She grabbed the shotgun and went to investigate. Found and confronted a male in a hoodie with a mask and a crowbar. She screamed and raised the shotgun and he booked it.
Good thing he didn’t have a gun or your wife would probably be dead. He probably went to the store the next day and bought one.

Pretty sure it's ThisisBotime.

I'm new here but I think when I first got here and was randomly browsing, that what I saw. Not worth the trouble to check but the style's the same.
Right, that is him. He shared that.

He claimed to be a changed man but his postings defy that claim.

Back