Mass Shooting & Gun Violence catch-all | Kentucky Sheriff kills KY Judge in courthouse?

• Thread starter Thread starter nycfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 519
  • Views: 8K
  • Politics 
So someone took the time to break into your house, and then ignored the fact that a dog had already alerted its owner. Was this a hitman or something?
Some people don’t care. The first shooting I ever went to was in broad daylight. There was a woman home alone screaming the entire time. It took the assailant a good minute or two to smash through the front door. As soon as he broke through that door she dropped him.

I didn't vote for Trump in 2020 and am not voting for him this year.
Take a cue from Liz Cheney. Don't waste your vote on a 3d party or write in. It is either Trump or Harris. So if you are not voting for Trump, then you should vote for Harris. You can go back to voting R in 2028.

Honestly, given how deeply everyone feels about the topic, I think while there are obvious disagreements so deep maybe they can’t be bridged, overall the discussion has been heated without getting too ugly. Just hoping we can keep it that way. 2MBC has been pretty clear on his position and others have been pretty clear about absolutely disagreeing or disagreeing to a significant extent.

Breathe Chill Out GIF by CSDRMS
Agreed.

Honestly for us to ever get anything accomplished we are going to have to compromise.

It's sort of funny that 2MBC ignored me, when I've said all along that I believe the left has to stop talking about gun bans to get ownership legislation through. And, I've never been against gun ownership.

“… In Georgia, the suspect is a 14-year-old student accused of killing two students and two teachers with an AR-style rifle. Nine more people were hospitalized.

The teen suspect left his Algebra 1 class around 9:45 a.m., his classmate Lyela Sayarath told CNN. The classroom doors lock automatically, and near the end of class, the suspect knocked on the door to try to come back in, Lyela said.

Another student went to open the door but apparently saw the gun and refused to let him in, Lyela said. That diversion may have saved her life.

Instead, the shooter turned to a nearby classroom and opened fire, “and you hear about 10 to 15 rounds back-to-back,” Lyela said.

The first report of an active shooter came in around 10:20 a.m. Two school resource officers and other law enforcement quickly arrived, Georgia Bureau of Investigations Director Chris Hosey said.

One of the school resource officers confronted the shooter, who surrendered and was taken into custody, Barrow County Sheriff Jud Smith said.

… Two 14-year-old students, Christian Angulo and Mason Schermerhorn, went to school and never came home.

The shooter also killed 53-year-old math teacher Christina Irimie and 39-year-old math teacher and assistant football coach Richard Aspinwall. …”

The shooter, 14-year-old Colt Gray, will be tried as an adult (which seems preposterous but there it is).

CNN has a story about the shooter's home life. It sounds like a hot mess with a verbally abusive father and a mom on drugs.

From your link, a chilling detail …

“… After they moved, the family faced lawsuits from multiple landlords, and were evicted from one home by a county sheriff’s deputy in July 2022 for failing to pay rent, according to court records. As part of the eviction, sheriff’s records show, deputies collected three firearms, including an AR-15, and at least one hunting bow, and kept them for safekeeping. The weapons were later “released to owner,” the documents say. …”

Yet no one in law enforcement checked prior interactions when they interviewed the dad last year and he said he only had hunting rifles?

From your link, a chilling detail …

“… After they moved, the family faced lawsuits from multiple landlords, and were evicted from one home by a county sheriff’s deputy in July 2022 for failing to pay rent, according to court records. As part of the eviction, sheriff’s records show, deputies collected three firearms, including an AR-15, and at least one hunting bow, and kept them for safekeeping. The weapons were later “released to owner,” the documents say. …”

Yet no one in law enforcement checked prior interactions when they interviewed the dad last year and he said he only had hunting rifles?
AR-15s are considered hunting rifles by many. I don't think much of it from what I've heard. It's underpowered, doesn't have great range or great accuracy compared to real hunting rifle. They are good for wasting a lot of ammo and playing Army on weekends I guess.

As a side note, it came out of the work Eugene Stoner did at Fort Benning and targeted at Vietnam. It was a lighter weapon with a smaller caliber ammunition which meant the smaller ARVN soldier could carry it easier and carry more ammo. The accuracy and range didn't matter as much since this was much shorter ranges than the M-14 that was designed for European battle fields. It also met with combat doctrine at the time which taught that killing a soldier took out one man, wound one took out him and two men to take him to the aid station. Not quite sure that they grasped the mentality of the Viet Cong.

Congratulations! I've lived my entire life without needing a gynecologist. Perhaps no one else needs them, either.
See this kind of response is why I started being mean to you.

Owning a gun is a choice. Being female and needing medical consulting by a doctor isn't a choice.

The problem is you seem to see these as equivalent. They are not.

AR-15s are considered hunting rifles by many. I don't think much of it from what I've heard. It's underpowered, doesn't have great range or great accuracy compared to real hunting rifle. They are good for wasting a lot of ammo and playing Army on weekends I guess.

As a side note, it came out of the work Eugene Stoner did at Fort Benning and targeted at Vietnam. It was a lighter weapon with a smaller caliber ammunition which meant the smaller ARVN soldier could carry it easier and carry more ammo. The accuracy and range didn't matter as much since this was much shorter ranges than the M-14 that was designed for European battle fields. It also met with combat doctrine at the time which taught that killing a soldier took out one man, wound one took out him and two men to take him to the aid station. Not quite sure that they grasped the mentality of the Viet Cong.
They are not hunting rifles at all.

Hey, since he's ignoring me, I can't tell him myself, so can someone tell ItsBoTime that I edited my post and I should not have called him names. I'm sorry for my lack of judgement. I have to be better at sticking to the actual talking points.

I have not read any of this thread since last night, and I just can't
After reading about all the other students' reactions, and texts sent to parents and loved ones from students telling them that they love them -- because they were afraid they were going to die.

I just can not read any more of BlueCups' 99.99% bullshit. He thinks none of us are smart enough to get his point. We actually are. But many if not most of us are also smart enough to know EXACTLY why you are trying to shift to one tertiary focus.

I have not read any of this thread since last night, and I just can't
After reading about all the other students' reactions, and texts sent to parents and loved ones from students telling them that they love them -- because they were afraid they were going to die.

I just can not read any more of BlueCups' 99.99% bullshit. He thinks none of us are smart enough to get his point. We actually are. But many if not most of us are also smart enough to know EXACTLY why you are trying to shift to one tertiary focus.
The super ignore is an amazing thing

Back