Mass Shooting & Gun Violence catch-all | Kentucky Sheriff kills KY Judge in courthouse?

• Thread starter Thread starter nycfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 519
  • Views: 8K
  • Politics 
Has anyone heard if the school has metal detectors? I’m curious how he got it in the school to start with.
I was really curious of that too. It's not like he smuggled a pistol into a backpack. This was a rifle.

I was thinking back to my high school and how I might do it and I would probably hide it in the woods or maybe a car before school and then I guess you could walk it in without anybody noticing if it was in the middle of the school day.

Last edited:
I was really curious of that too. It's not like you smuggled a pistol into a backpack. This was a rifle.

I was thinking back to my high school and how I might do it and I would probably hide it in the woods or maybe a car before school and then I guess you could walk it in without anybody noticing if it was in the middle of the school day.
Yeah. Our middle and highs schools have metal detectors at the main entrances, but like you say, where there’s a will, there’s a way.

Also two counts of second-degree murder and eight counts of cruelty to children. I get the cruelty to children would be the injured kids but not sure why they were only two counts of second-degree murder when there were four dead bodies. Maybe because two of them were kids or two of them were educators and there's some state-specific enhancement?

Yes, let's not try to do anything at all that could make them less easier to carry out, and give people a better chance to survive, like getting rid of weapons of war that only have one purpose, to kill as many people as fast as possible and as easy as possible.
Yeah, but on the other side you have Harris who vows to…not cut social security benefits. So, gotta go with the team that shrugs when dozens of kindergartners get massacred.

At this point, I don’t really care if these guns are “that” powerful, or if you need them to hunt wild pigs, or whatever. They’re used in such a massively disproportionate number of mass killings that they need to be taken off the market immediately, if for no other reason than to slow down the copycats. That’s no where close to enough, of course, but it is literally insane to me that we still allow these particular guns to be sold in this country.
There is no reason at all for a citizen to own a military grade weapon. The militia nutjobs who think they need the same weaponry as the US Army in case the evil government tries to subdue them will argue that they can't protect themselves. But unfortunately for them they are outmanned by the military. I have yet to hear anyone else attempt to make an argument as to why they need these weapons, other than "you can't take away my stuff."

I knew as soon as they figured out where the gun came from the parents were in trouble. The Crumbley's going to jail in Michigan set the standard

AR-15s are considered hunting rifles by many. I don't think much of it from what I've heard. It's underpowered, doesn't have great range or great accuracy compared to real hunting rifle. They are good for wasting a lot of ammo and playing Army on weekends I guess.

As a side note, it came out of the work Eugene Stoner did at Fort Benning and targeted at Vietnam. It was a lighter weapon with a smaller caliber ammunition which meant the smaller ARVN soldier could carry it easier and carry more ammo. The accuracy and range didn't matter as much since this was much shorter ranges than the M-14 that was designed for European battle fields. It also met with combat doctrine at the time which taught that killing a soldier took out one man, wound one took out him and two men to take him to the aid station. Not quite sure that they grasped the mentality of the Viet Cong.

Yeah I’m not a hunter but I know a lot of people who do hunt, and they don’t use the AR for anything other than feral hogs. Apparently it is considered inhumane to hunt with an AR because the bullets don’t kill the animals immediately…they were designed to have a higher chance of wounding for exactly the reason you stated.

Yeah I’m not a hunter but I know a lot of people who do hunt, and they don’t use the AR for anything other than feral hogs. Apparently it is considered inhumane to hunt with an AR because the bullets don’t kill the animals immediately…they were designed to have a higher chance of wounding for exactly the reason you stated.
Murdering animals for fun is inhumane

It seems like Vance is walking the walk there. He is saying that you can’t stop shootings so act accordingly.

I mean his words are outrageous. But that particular photo doesn’t really seem to be a gotcha.
Still incredibly lame.

It seems like Vance is walking the walk there. He is saying that you can’t stop shootings so act accordingly.

I mean his words are outrageous. But that particular photo doesn’t really seem to be a gotcha.
If he’s gonna walk the walk, I eagerly await his proposal for government funding for each individual to purchase a personalized bulletproof glass shield.

If he’s gonna walk the walk, I eagerly await his proposal for government funding for each individual to purchase a personalized bulletproof glass shield.
Yeah, I mean it is a bit like Marie Antoinette telling the poor to eat cake. If we could all afford our own personal security team and bullet proof glass, guns would be less scary.

Back