Mass Shooting & Gun Violence catch-all | Kentucky Sheriff kills KY Judge in courthouse?

• Thread starter Thread starter nycfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 519
  • Views: 8K
  • Politics 
The super ignore is an amazing thing
Only back because I saw you responded. Yes, it is a wonderful thing. But I do not want to use it on everyone I disagree with, that is not discussion or debate.

I do not remember him on the old board. Is he like this on every subject? I would find it annoying even on topics we agree. And I don't disagree with his original point here. It's just that he is trying to use that point to shut down ALL disgust and desire to change things for the better. It is very obvious, the ploy.

Only back because I saw you responded. Yes, it is a wonderful thing. But I do not want to use it on everyone I disagree with, that is not discussion or debate.

I do not remember him on the old board. Is he like this on every subject? I would find it annoying even on topics we agree. And I don't disagree with his original point here. It's just that he is trying to use that point to shut down ALL disgust and desire to change things for the better. It is very obvious, the ploy.
Yes

So, if I’m reading correctly, sometime last year the police speak with the shooter’s dad after he posts online about wanting to shoot up a middle school. Then, last December, the dad buys the kid an AR-15 for a Christmas present. Are you f’ing kidding me???

Don't ask me why but I get this unsettling feeling it was an attempt to make a man out of the boy. I will very gladly be wrong.

It will be worse than that. He will likely face manslaughter charges at a minimum. This seems worse than the Michigan parents.
It is worse, and the charges should also be worse. But it’s Georgia, so let’s see what happens.

When was the threat to the school? I thought it was toward the end of last school year (after Christmas).

Still, prison for the dad. Just want to know HOW horrific this decision was in relation to knowing the dangers.

When was the threat to the school? I thought it was toward the end of last school year (after Christmas).

Still, prison for the dad. Just want to know HOW horrific this decision was in relation to knowing the dangers.
From the CNN story —

The timeline the teen’s father, Colin Gray, provided to authorities would put the gun purchase months after authorities first contacted Gray and his family to investigate school shooting threats made online.

The Jackson County Sheriff’s Office in Georgia closed that investigation because the tip about the threat could not be substantiated.

From the CNN story —

The timeline the teen’s father, Colin Gray, provided to authorities would put the gun purchase months after authorities first contacted Gray and his family to investigate school shooting threats made online.

The Jackson County Sheriff’s Office in Georgia closed that investigation because the tip about the threat could not be substantiated.
YIKES

From an earlier article it mentioned the early investigation into the threats was dropped both because it couldn’t be substantiated but also because the father said the kid “didn’t have access to my rifles”

So he fucking bought him his own.

So, if I’m reading correctly, sometime last year the police speak with the shooter’s dad after he posts online about wanting to shoot up a middle school. Then, last December, the dad buys the kid an AR-15 for a Christmas present. Are you f’ing kidding me???
Just responsible gun owner giving a good guy a gun. A father raising his son right.
At least, this is how they each would have been described by gun right activists at the time.

And this is why the current laws aren't enough. The assault rifles need to be banned. They sure as hell shouldn't be so easy to get. Sounds like the dad had no business being able to get his son one.

He was pretty out there.

And this is why the current laws aren't enough. The assault rifles need to be banned. They sure as hell shouldn't be so easy to get. Sounds like the dad had no business being able to get his son one.
No one has any business buying a gun for someone else. Even their kids.

If you want to take your kids hunting, then you control the weapon until you are in the woods. When finished you take the weapon back and don't let them keep it in their room.

At this point, I don’t really care if these guns are “that” powerful, or if you need them to hunt wild pigs, or whatever. They’re used in such a massively disproportionate number of mass killings that they need to be taken off the market immediately, if for no other reason than to slow down the copycats. That’s no where close to enough, of course, but it is literally insane to me that we still allow these particular guns to be sold in this country.

Back