• Thread starter Thread starter nycfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 118
  • Views: 1K
  • Sports 

nycfan

Curator/Moderator
ZZL Supporter
Trade deadline approaches. My hobbled Braves might just eat a lost season at this point. But my husband's Phillies are kind of in cruise control playing .500 ball after a rip-snorting start.

MLB fans take note. The team with the best record in the NL (Phillies) lost a weekend series to the team with the best record in the AL (my Cleveland Guardians.)

The Guards have had a tough month but still sit atop the AL and won when it counted against the best team in baseball this weekend.

I was really surprised that the Cubs (who even the front office had said would be sellers) picked up Isaac Paredes from San Diego. An all star this year with 3 more years of team control. I like the approach of a middle ground - not giving up a ton for this year only, but building towards winning in the near term by acquiring a proven MLB asset and not just stocking up on minor league dart-throws.

Aaron Judge is on such a tear. Two home runs tonight (so far) - 39 on the year and 99 RBIs.

Lifelong Orioles fan - going back to The Robinsons and Boog.

Birds have had a tough stretch but are still in first place.

Cubs fan here - really thought we were going to turn the corner this year - oh well
I think we can still finish second in the division. On run differential we are much better than the Cardinals. We have lost a lot of close games. Need some more offense as we had amazing starting pitching early on and didn’t make nearly as much use of it as we should’ve.

MLB fans take note. The team with the best record in the NL (Phillies) lost a weekend series to the team with the best record in the AL (my Cleveland Guardians.)

The Guards have had a tough month but still sit atop the AL and won when it counted against the best team in baseball this weekend.
“The Guards” is a much better name than “Guardians.”

The Birds roll in to Cleveland tomorrow for a 4 game stand. It should be a good test for both teams. Go Guards!

Orioles are limping along right now but still a half game ahead of the yanks. Philadelphia needs to do in NY tonight and we need to take out the Jays today (up 4-2 right now).

A little disappointed that my Royals didn't get an outfield bat, because that outfield has been pretty bad (warmed up some the last month or so, but still subpar).

Got a little laugh yesterday when they acquired Paul DeJong from the White Sox and all he had to do was change dugouts to join the team. That would have to be an awkward situation.

Back