MLB | One-Stop Major League Baseball Thread for all teams, topics

• Thread starter Thread starter nycfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 119
  • Views: 1K
  • Sports 
Trade deadline approaches. My hobbled Braves might just eat a lost season at this point. But my husband's Phillies are kind of in cruise control playing .500 ball after a rip-snorting start.

There is only one team, the BRAVES.

Your husband is a Phillies fan? Thoughts and Prayers. :)

It's been good week so far for the Guardians. Only team in MLB above a .600 winning percentage.

Who had Cleveland having the best record in baseball in early August? Not me.

Royals absolutely destroyed the Reds this weekend, out scoring them 28-3 over a 3 game series. The AL Central is goin to be a crazy race to follow the rest of the way.

And the Guardians got swept by the Brewers, including losing 2-1 and 2-0. Not gonna win many games scoring less than 2 runs. Now they head to the Bronx.

And yeah, the AL Central has 3 teams within 3 games of the lead. Who had the AL Central as the best division in baseball back in April?

I watched the end of the Yankees-Tigers game Sunday night.

That “automatic man on 2nd” rule in the 10th inning sucks.

Disagree. For one thing it doesn’t suck nearly as much as watching an 18 inning game and what that does to a team in terms of wearing out their entire bullpen, but it also is for regular season only. Now if it were the rule in the postseason then I’d feel differently.

I watched the end of the Yankees-Tigers game Sunday night.

That “automatic man on 2nd” rule in the 10th inning sucks.
I think they should play out the 10th then start the ghost runner in the 11th.

Damn Mets took out the Birds last night and are favored tonight. Who knows though. Yankees play Cleveland and are a half game up in first.

This damn dance going on between NY and Baltimore is tense.

Is Bobby Witt Jr the best player in baseball? He plays a premium defensive position at the highest level, is a terror on the base pads and his bat is elite. Saw an article the other day that suggested Kauffman Stadium might cost Witt the MVP because it's so spacious and that he'd be projected to already be at 35 home runs if he played in almost any other stadium.

If you were starting a franchise right now, who would you start it with?

How about the White Sox? Will they lose 120 games? They're now 30-96.

P.S. - This is my 100th post. I got to 100 posts before the Pale Hose got to 100 losses. Huzzah for me! Look out nyc & CFord. I'm coming for your records!

Is Bobby Witt Jr the best player in baseball? He plays a premium defensive position at the highest level, is a terror on the base pads and his bat is elite. Saw an article the other day that suggested Kauffman Stadium might cost Witt the MVP because it's so spacious and that he'd be projected to already be at 35 home runs if he played in almost any other stadium.

If you were starting a franchise right now, who would you start it with?
He’s undeniably great. However his home OPS is 1.174 and his road OPS is .856 so that article is asinine. However the answer to the best player in baseball is Shohei Ohtani. Being both one of the best hitters and the best pitchers in the game makes it undeniable.

Now, he’s obviously not pitching this season so if you’re asking this specific season you’ve got an argument. But even then, Aaron Judge has a higher WAR and is likely to win the MVP this season.

But to your last question, given Bobby Witt’s age and the fact he’s locked up for the next decade he very well may be the answer. Although that contract isn’t cheap.

Back