Movies Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Rock
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 138
  • Views: 2K
  • Off-Topic 
Speaking of hundreds of millions, Deadpool & Wolverine is the biggest movie in years. Biggest R-rated opening ever. High audience and critic scores to boot.

I went to see "Deadpool & Wolverine" yesterday. I have missed the last three or four Marvel Universe films. But I had seen all the ones before then and greatly enjoyed them. I did not like "Deadpool & Wolverime." Way too much "Inside Baseball" for me. By "Inside Baseball," I mean that I was by far the oldest person in the theater and regularly there were lines that everyone in the theater laughed at, but I didn't get. I walked away from the theater depressed. If I want that experience I can view some French film with subtitiles. Side note: By French film, I mean a flim with the plot of: boy meets girl, boy and girl grow to hate each other, boy and girl break-up and never see each other again.

1722909956307.png

1722910772266.jpeg

i saw the new Twister movie a couple of weeks ago - not very good, definitely not as good as the original.

@Rock can we have a books thread?!

We went to see Deadpool and Wolverine last weekend. Meh. It was okay, but not close to the level of the first two.

If you’re looking for a good flick to stream, Wicked Little Letters is on Netflix. Very funny.

1722909956307.png
This is a brilliant film, and features the best metaphysical notion of an afterlife I have ever come across. Now, I do not believe in the concept of any kind of infinitely long life, and not to digress into a terminally arcane subject here but it would logically either mean a totally meaningless existence of infinitely different events that could never be remembered or put into any context, or it would mean an infinite loop of limited experiences repeating endlessly. This great film makes one of those conceptions seem deeply appealing. It made me think about the metaphysical ideas it raises for some time after seeing it.

We went to see Deadpool and Wolverine last weekend. Meh. It was okay, but not close to the level of the first two.

If you’re looking for a good flick to stream, Wicked Little Letters is on Netflix. Very funny.
Strongly disagree. I feel like it was a very solid contribution to the series and also was a surprisingly tender love letter to the Fox movies.

I went to see "Deadpool & Wolverine" yesterday. I have missed the last three or four Marvel Universe films. But I had seen all the ones before then and greatly enjoyed them. I did not like "Deadpool & Wolverime." Way too much "Inside Baseball" for me. By "Inside Baseball," I mean that I was by far the oldest person in the theater and regularly there were lines that everyone in the theater laughed at, but I didn't get. I walked away from the theater depressed. If I want that experience I can view some French film with subtitiles. Side note: By French film, I mean a flim with the plot of: boy meets girl, boy and girl grow to hate each other, boy and girl break-up and never see each other again.
GIF by SundanceTV

... just kidding (in an "Inside Baseball" kind of way). :)

1723134663486.jpeg
This one took a lot of flak but I liked it.

My position on that particular motion picture is well-documented--it stunk.
Indeed is well-documented. But since back in the day you hyped it like Flava Flav, I think you should be sentenced to using a Jaeger as your avatar!

Recently saw this movie on my flight back to the state. Historical true story type documentaries are my favorite genre. Of course, I always go back later to read about the true story, to weed out the Hollywood parts.

But this was a fantastic movie, Anthony Hopkins was amazing as always, and it is a wonderful true story I had never known.1000011894.jpg

Last edited:
Back