Movies Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Rock
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 138
  • Views: 2K
  • Off-Topic 

1723439653429.jpeg
One of the greatest from one of the masters. It's so heartbreaking that I can only watch it once in a great while, but it's one of my favorites. Along with his Bicycle Thieves, which is just as tough to watch but just as rewarding.

My scan of the Alien: Romulus reviews gives me the impression that if you are old enough to have seen Alien or at least Aliens in the theater, this entry will not impress you, but if you’re young enough to have only seen the originals on TNT you will really dig this film.

Definitely sounds like it is far more stripped down horror in space than the two most recent entries.

This review conclusion seemed to me to be consistent with the general response that has the film above 80% Tomatometer right now:

“…
The set pieces in the third act were well made… but they were not terribly well motivated. There was not much else to hold onto.

They just kept throwing cool stuff at us… but that is not really enough. We want to think. We want to anticipate. And when something new is added, we want to understand the purpose, not just admire how cool it looks.

Still, I like the movie. Halfway through, I was ready to love the movie. But the frustration that set in was a variation on the old cliche… it left me wanting less. Sigh. …”

Last edited:
My scan of the Alien: Romulus reviews gives me the impression that if you are old enough to have seen Alien or at least Aliens in the theater, this entry will not impress you, but if you’re young enough to have only seen the originals on TNT you will really dig this film.

Definitely sounds like it is far more stripped down horror in space than the two most recent entries.

This review conclusion seemed to me to be consistent with the general response that has the film above 80% Tomatometer right now:

“…
The set pieces in the third act were well made… but they were not terribly well motivated. There was not much else to hold onto.

They just kept throwing cool stuff at us… but that is not really enough. We want to think. We want to anticipate. And when something new is added, we want to understand the purpose, not just admire how cool it looks.

Still, I like the movie. Halfway through, I was ready to love the movie. But the frustration that set in was a variation on the old cliche… it left me wanting less. Sigh. …”
So Close Nbc 90Th Special GIF by NBC

Apparently this trailer for Megalopolis, Francis Ford Coppola's self funded, extremely self indulgent movie, has fake quotes made up at the beginning so the studio, Lionsgate, is pulling the trailer down all over (except YouTube?) and issued an apology.

The movie looks pretty out there, though with a stacked cast, and some pretty sweet visuals. Almost assuredly is going to bomb at the box office but should be interesting for those of us that like "art house" films.

1724470616364.jpeg

Last edited:

1724473050357.jpeg

Last edited:

1724471650152.jpeg

Last edited:

1724473050357.jpeg

I always liked Joe Black a lot. Fascinating how the directors cut and the one that's played on TV now are so drastically different.

Crash; when Pena while holding his daughter who is shot at close range, like 6 inches, and is not injured is one of the most dramatic scenes ever...

Watched The Union.
Halle Berry is still hot as hell.
I didn't realize that Mark Walberg was in New Kids on the Block.

1724628613616.jpeg

The best vampires in any vampire movie, imo. Not super-slick, not sexy, just driven and dark. One of the better comic book adaptations as well. Josh Hartnett’s finest work, for what that’s worth. I don’t know why this doesn’t get more love.

Watching 500 Days of Summer with wife and son and just saw actor Clark Gregg.
I think he is an acquaintance/friend of @ZooView.

Last edited:
Back