Movies Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Rock
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 138
  • Views: 2K
  • Off-Topic 
ALIEN ROMULUS WILL BE THE GREATEST MOVIE OF ALL TIME!
That looks good, but greatest all time is a high bar.

I recall a few other predictions of the greatest movie of all time, by other posters, that didn't pan out.

Speaking of hundreds of millions, Deadpool & Wolverine is the biggest movie in years. Biggest R-rated opening ever. High audience and critic scores to boot.

I want to see this. My wife and I may go next weekend.

My older daughter wants to see Trap so we're gonna check that out on Sunday. Would rather see Deadpool & Wolverine but she's not old enough anyway. Longlegs looks decent as well. Have no interest in seeing Twisters.

Watched Deadpool and Wolverine today. It was good, but not as good as the first two Deadpools.

I did notice a few movies in the previews that I think I would like to see.

Finally got a chance to watch Late Night with the Devil tonight. Production really captures 1970s Carson-esque talk show so effectively that alone makes it worth the watch, even if the conceit unravels in the last 15 minutes or so.

Sort of found footage meets mockumentary by way of Stephen King & The Amityville Horror, definitely benefits from watching on TV — sucks you into the 1977 late night talk show that’s about to go very, very wrong. I imagine familiarity/nostalgia for this era of TV adds a lot to the experience.

1723439653429.jpeg

Finally got a chance to watch Late Night with the Devil tonight. Production really captures 1970s Carson-esque talk show so effectively that alone makes it worth the watch, even if the conceit unravels in the last 15 minutes or so.

Sort of found footage meets mockumentary by way of Stephen King & The Amityville Horror, definitely benefits from watching on TV — sucks you into the 1977 late night talk show that’s about to go very, very wrong. I imagine familiarity/nostalgia for this era of TV adds a lot to the experience.
My thoughts exactly, it didn’t really stick the landing but the production design was amazing.

1723439653429.jpeg
I can tell we are of a mind when it comes to films. “Films” not necessarily “movies”. My wife and I prefer Fine Art films, often times foreign. Yes, we watch a lot of PBS and Masterpiece Mystery too, haha

Anybody like Guy Ritchie movies? How about SNATCH? Anybody like that one? How about a newer one “The Gentlemen”

1723459781861.png

Anybody like Guy Ritchie movies? How about SNATCH? Anybody like that one? How about a newer one “The Gentlemen”

1723459781861.png
Used to. Lock Stock is a classic, and Snatch wasn't quite as good but still a lot of fun.

The Gentlemen fell kinda flat for me, but it was entertaining enough.

Back