• Thread starter Thread starter Rock
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 138
  • Views: 2K
  • Off-Topic 

1725679343143.jpeg

1726108511307.jpeg

1726108511307.jpeg

Good movie. The ending depresses me a little too much to watch again.

Wasn't planning on seeing it because the animation style is so different from the Transformers I grew up with, but the new Transformers One movie is being called the best one yet.

1725678580406.jpeg
Love this movie. Love harry Dean Stanton. He was great in Repo Man too.

1726108511307.jpeg

Have not seen the movie. But I did read the Jon Krakauer book of the same name about the same person. I can still viscerally feel the disgust that I felt for this abject idiot as he threw away his life on one idiotic quest after another, completely obvious to the pain he was causing those who loved and cared about him. We do not live in a vacuum. We live in a community where our actions affect others. And we have a moral obligation to live a life that is something other than sitting in a pile of one's own feces and flinging it at anyone who ventures within range.

1725678580406.jpeg
Teenage me was in love with Nastasia Kinski.

If we are including cinematic animated shorts in this thread, then my all time favorite cartoon is "To Spring", 1936.

Link:

Good movie. The ending depresses me a little too much to watch again.
Read the book, saw the movie, in part because it was the cool and expected thing to do in my milieu, at time time. I couldn't get into it because I found the main character so very unlikeable and self-obsessed. I hope the actual Mccandless was far less detestable than the one I experienced through media.

1726107587242.jpeg

An all-time favorite. As hilarious and pure-hearted as they come.

If you liked this, watch Taika’s Oscar-winning short that preceded this, Two Cars, One Night. A different tone but you can see the seeds of Boy in it.

Back