Movies Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Rock
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 138
  • Views: 2K
  • Off-Topic 
This one has been out a while, but I keep going back to it as one of my favorites, especially in the midst of all of the vitriol and cynicism that is out there today. I think it shows humanity at its best. Screenshot_20240826_072413_Google.jpg
This film is fucking outstanding. I wholeheartedly endorse.

When people gush about movies and call them a “visual feast…” this is the kind of movie they’re talking about.
Speaking of which, Everything Everywhere All At Once had several homages to Wong Kar-Wai films. And Everything etc. is a great, great film.

1725070249096.jpeg

1725071927318.jpeg

1725070522022.png

Tear worthy. Anyone who has ever loved film will love Cinema Paradiso.

not saying these are the greatest movies...just saying I love these movies...

Slingblade
My Cousin Vinnie
Animal House
Drive me Crazy
Can't Buy Me Love
Pretty in Pink
Love Actually
Sleepless in Seattle
Big
When Harry Met Sally
Great selections! But, for my money's worth, if I'm going Tom and Meg then I'm going You've Got Mail and Joe Versus the Volcano.

I've watched You've Got Mail three times the past month or two. Can't help myself. It may well be the best rom com ever made. I find something new. Some nuance each time. And...frankly, I cry each time. Just like a baby. Lol. It's about friendship. They're true friends. Forget about the romantic aspect.

It also amazes me how well it speaks to our current era, despite the old AOL "You've got mail!" after the long anticipation of static channeling through phone cable.

1725043526366.jpeg

The novel on which this is based (by John Fowler) has become somewhat notorious for being cited by several serial killers as their inspiration — to the point that it is considered sort of The Turner Diaries for potential killers/kidnappers. I think the movie has been cited by a few as well.

1725151262433.webp

Last edited:

1725151714053.jpeg

1725152047811.jpeg

Last edited:
MV5BN2NmNWYzNTktNThmNS00MjZkLTk5NjItZTEwNTczMzAwMWI2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQyODg5MjQw._V1_.jpgFinally got around to watching this. A little predictable but a fun watch and apparently follows in line pretty well with the actual historical events.

1725678794089.jpeg

Back