Republicans for Harris

I’m curious, and this is for any poster who was Republican prior to Trump, has voted/is voting Dem, but wants a Pub reset.

Is there anyone from the current bench you’d support if Trump loses in November, and in some way, shape or form, isn’t the guy (again) in 2028?

Someone like Kemp or Youngkin? Or others? It’s hard finding someone who isn’t all-in on the cult, but still holds on to more traditional Pub positions.
Speaking strictly for myself as a former Republican and as a 2016 Trump voter but someone who now loathes both Trump and the entire Republican party that has surrendered to him. Strictly ideologically I think I could probably find common ground with people like Nikki Haley, Glenn Youngkin, and Brian Kemp. That’s not to say that I would agree with them on all policy matters, or maybe not even most policy matters, but I could find ideological common ground with them. The problem is, each of them has, in their own way, surrendered to Trump and Trumpism, and I’m going to have a really difficult time ever forgiving and forgetting that. Mitt Romney, not that he would run for president again, but he is about the only one I can think of as far as prominent party members, who has been consistently resistant to Trump.

I support free markets, law and order, the constitution of the United States of America, human dignity, fiscal responsibility, strong border security, American leadership abroad, and protecting individual freedom and liberty domestically. I don’t want the government in my home, in my bedroom, in my medical exam room, or generally in my private life at all. The Democratic Party is far, far, far closer on every single one of those items than the Republican party, and therefore the Democratic Party will continue to get my votes even long after Trumpism has been banished.

Last edited:
Speaking strictly for myself as a former Republican and as a 2016 Trump voter but someone who now loathes both Trump and the entire Republican party that has surrendered to him. Strictly ideologically I think I could probably find common ground with people like Nikki Haley, Glenn Youngkin, and Brian Kemp. That’s not to say that I would agree with them on all policy matters, or maybe not even most policy matters, but I could find ideological common ground with them. The problem is, each of them has, in their own way, Trump and Trump, and I’m going to have a really difficult time ever forgiving and forgetting that. Mitt Romney, not that he would run for president again, but he is about the only one I can think of as far as prominent party members, who has been consistently resistant to Trump.

I support free markets, law and order, the constitution of the United States of America, human dignity, fiscal responsibility, strong border security, American leadership abroad, and protecting individual freedom and liberty domestically. I don’t want the government in my home, in my bedroom, in my medical exam room, or generally in my private life at all. The Democratic Party is far, far, far closer on every single one of those items than the Republican party, and therefore the Democratic Party will continue to get my votes even long after Trumpism has been banished.
I don't know CFord But I have a feeling if you thought about it you would not like Mitts "small gubment, trickle down " stuff

Speaking strictly for myself as a former Republican and as a 2016 Trump voter but someone who now loathes both Trump and the entire Republican party that has surrendered to him. Strictly ideologically I think I could probably find common ground with people like Nikki Haley, Glenn Youngkin, and Brian Kemp. That’s not to say that I would agree with them on all policy matters, or maybe not even most policy matters, but I could find ideological common ground with them. The problem is, each of them has, in their own way, Trump and Trump, and I’m going to have a really difficult time ever forgiving and forgetting that. Mitt Romney, not that he would run for president again, but he is about the only one I can think of as far as prominent party members, who has been consistently resistant to Trump.

Let me know if you need a campaign manager.

I’m in the same boat, with the exception that I went third party in 2016 instead of voting for Trump. I was going to throw out Haley or kemp as names as well. However, I would 100 times over vote for Shapiro or buttegeig before I voted for any republican in 2028 or 2032.

I’m curious, and this is for any poster who was Republican prior to Trump, has voted/is voting Dem, but wants a Pub reset.

Is there anyone from the current bench you’d support if Trump loses in November, and in some way, shape or form, isn’t the guy (again) in 2028?

Someone like Kemp or Youngkin? Or others? It’s hard finding someone who isn’t all-in on the cult, but still holds on to more traditional Pub positions.
That is a great question. For me personally, I will NEVER support any Republican again that ever caved, despised Trump behind the scenes, but cowardly fell in line to Trump and MAGA for their personal political security.

Trump is ultimately to blame for his own actions. Clueless MAGA types are just that and will never change regardless.

Here are some examples....

When McConnell stood up and called out Trump after J6. I respected him. After he caved and pledged support for Trump (who hates Mitch), I would never vote for that guy again. Of course he is done now anyway.

Same for McCarthy, Lindsey Graham and all the cowards.

I believed in Nilki Haley, but as soon as she was done, she covered her ass by endorsing Trump. Sununu talked a good game. but in the end he caved also.

Kemp, I respect for doing the right thing and pushing back against Trump's claims.
Trump dogs him constantly and he pushes back, but at the end of the day, will support him simply because of the (R). No respect for that. Pence the same.

That leaves, as far as I know, Kasich (my favorite Pub anyway), Kinzinger, and Cheney who is too far right for me. But I respect the hell out of her ethics and honesty.

And of course all the current and former Pubs that have joined the "Republicans for Harris group." I would support many of them if I knew their politics also.

Well Jesse was a democrat politician and then he switched. He used to come to my fathers parties at our house. Him and Bob Scott, Jim Hunt, Terry Sanford, Holshouser, Skipper Bowles, Charlie Rose all of them who carved out the political landscape of this state during the 70's and 80's. Democrats and Republicans making deals in the dark while drinking Jack and smoking cigs. In those days your electorate didn't get pissed when they saw how the sausage was made.
The electorate didn’t see the sausage being made.

Meh....there are always people registered X that vote Y. It's only "a thing" now because of social media.

I don't follow--do you get some sort of satisfaction by acting on social media in the same manner you do here? Do your social media friends applaud you for not having any positions on controversial topics despite how often you broach said topics?

Speaking strictly for myself as a former Republican and as a 2016 Trump voter but someone who now loathes both Trump and the entire Republican party that has surrendered to him. Strictly ideologically I think I could probably find common ground with people like Nikki Haley, Glenn Youngkin, and Brian Kemp. That’s not to say that I would agree with them on all policy matters, or maybe not even most policy matters, but I could find ideological common ground with them. The problem is, each of them has, in their own way, surrendered to Trump and Trumpism, and I’m going to have a really difficult time ever forgiving and forgetting that. Mitt Romney, not that he would run for president again, but he is about the only one I can think of as far as prominent party members, who has been consistently resistant to Trump.

Not even close.

If you hope to pretend to be a former republican, you need about 20 hours a day in instruction on how to do so.

I "guess" there's a bigger picture in what you'd like to achieve here posing as a former GOPer, but you're so bad at it that it's futile. Your efforts to sway gop votes are much better spent talking to them straight.

Not even close.

If you hope to pretend to be a former republican, you need about 20 hours a day in instruction on how to do so.

I "guess" there's a bigger picture in what you'd like to achieve here posing as a former GOPer, but you're so bad at it that it's futile. Your efforts to sway gop votes are much better spent talking to them straight.
Ahhh fuck. You caught me. Guess the jig is up after 10 years.

Not even close.

Sorry, I’ve edited this comment to not make it about the poster, and instead about the post.

Your post is idiotic, Sandi.

What's up with the vitriol and doubt towards CFord? He's a long and well known former Pub fed up with Trump and the lunacy of MAGA.

He does seem to be far less conservative than years ago, but crazy Trump and the enablers pushed him that way, plus his own introspection I imagine.

Ha, it’s all good, fellas. Sandi is a good dude. Honestly, I completely understand where he’s coming from. I can sincerely understand why it would be difficult to believe that someone like me, who has such an open revulsion and disgust for the Republican Party as whole these days, would have ever been a Republican or a Trump voter in the first place. I can understand why someone would think that I’m full of shit. I promise, though, that as much as I love posting on this board and being part of this community, and as hard as it may seem to believe sometimes, I do have better things to do with my time than to cosplay as a former Republican on an anonymous Internet message board.

Meh....there are always people registered X that vote Y. It's only "a thing" now because of social media.
And because the MAGA constant talk of "Loyalty".

There's a guy, today, standing on a corner in Dawsonville with two racist signs. One has a reference to loyalty.

Of course he has his face covered.

Harris makes Biden look like GWB. She’s that radical and also the least liked senator during her term in the senate. No republicans are voting for that whacko.

She utterly incompetent.
Which fox talking head gave you that wonderful information?

Back