The Weather Thread | Severe Flooding at Carolina Beach, Tornado Warnings in Eastern NC

• Thread starter Thread starter TullyHeel
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 190
  • Views: 3K
  • Off-Topic 
Things seemed to have settled down here in Alamance County. Hopefully we are out of the mess caused by Debby.

I just had an oak come down….soil too wet…..SW Orange County.
Be careful my friend. About 15 years ago we lost a red oak tree after this kind of rain event (may George Carlin forgive me). Completely blocked our driveway. Our SIL had to take us to work.

The situation in PA is awful. Lots of people trapped and they don't have the resources to get to them all.

Back to standard issue hot and humid in Charlotte. Summer certainly knows how to get me in the mood for Fall.

People stranded in trees in PA with the flooding. Just heard a call with someone was in the tree and then the tree was swept away with the person in it.

Severe thunderstorm watch is out until 10 pm.

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HAS ISSUED SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH 635 IN EFFECT UNTIL 10 PM EDT THIS EVENING FOR THE FOLLOWING
AREAS

IN NORTH CAROLINA THIS WATCH INCLUDES 31 COUNTIES

IN CENTRAL NORTH CAROLINA

ALAMANCE ANSON CHATHAM
CUMBERLAND DAVIDSON DURHAM
EDGECOMBE FORSYTH FRANKLIN
GRANVILLE GUILFORD HALIFAX
HARNETT HOKE JOHNSTON
LEE MONTGOMERY MOORE
NASH ORANGE PERSON
RANDOLPH RICHMOND SAMPSON
SCOTLAND STANLY VANCE
WAKE WARREN WAYNE
WILSON

THIS INCLUDES THE CITIES OF ABERDEEN, ALBEMARLE, ANGIER, APEX, ARCHDALE, ASHEBORO, BUIES CREEK, BURLINGTON, CAMP MACKALL, CARRBORO, CARTHAGE, CARY, CHAPEL HILL, CLAYTON, CLINTON, CREEDMOOR, DUNN, DURHAM, ELLERBE, ENFIELD, ERWIN, FAYETTEVILLE, FRANKLINTON, GOLDSBORO, GRAHAM, GREENSBORO, HENDERSON,
HIGH POINT, HILLSBOROUGH, HOPE MILLS, KITTRELL, KNIGHTDALE, LAURINBURG, LEXINGTON, LILLINGTON, LOUISBURG, MEBANE, NASHVILLE, NORLINA, OXFORD, PINEHURST, PITTSBORO, POLKTON, PRINCEVILLE, RAEFORD, RALEIGH, ROANOKE RAPIDS, ROCKINGHAM, ROCKY MOUNT, ROSEBORO, ROUGEMONT, ROXBORO, SANFORD, SCOTLAND NECK, SELMA, SILER CITY, SMITHFIELD, SOUTHERN PINES, SPRING HOPE, SPRING LAKE, TARBORO, THOMASVILLE, TROY, WADESBORO, WAGRAM, WAKE FOREST, WARRENTON, WILSON, AND WINSTON-SALEM.

At 353 PM EDT, Doppler radar was tracking a strong thunderstorm near Butner, or 7 miles southwest of Creedmoor, moving northeast at 35 mph.

HAZARD... Wind gusts up to 40 mph and pea size hail.

SOURCE... Radar indicated.

IMPACT... Gusty winds could knock down tree limbs and blow around unsecured objects. Minor hail damage to vegetation is possible.

Locations impacted include...
Durham, Oxford, Creedmoor, Butner, Franklinton, Kittrell, Stem, Lake Michie, Falls Lake State Rec Area, and Gorman.

Back