This is disconcerting. We have a Russian operative on this board. (Turned out it was a joke, all clear)

uncgriff

Distinguished Member
Below is a screenshot from a thread last night. There is absolutely no reason there should have been a response in Russian.

It translates to
'I think it's a reasonable decision, but you might want to give some degree of credit to Boosie, he wasn't that far off and Ukraine may also want to take that into account.'. Hardly something that needed to be in Russian.

So Mundial is either a bot with a glitch or a Russian tasked to find political boards and post on them but forgot to translate his first paragraph. If somebody can give me a better explanation let me know but this is pretty damned crazy and scary. We've only been here a month. You can just imagine what the MAGA people have been fed over the last 8 years on their circle jerk sites.
1000004565.pngthread last night.

Very weird that this site would attract a Russian bot. Maybe an indication of how pervasive they are(???)

That is wierd, but if I were a Russian programming a bot, I would make sure nothing about the program was in Russian. I wouldn't think a decent programmer would generate conversation in Russian and then translate it. Then again, I don't have any other explanation. Maybe it is a crappy programmer; afterall, almost anyone can crank out chaotic, unmanageable, unmaintainable code, even ChatGPT

It is weird. Especially when viewing that poster’s other posts, which seem very normal (for lack of a better term); not just in terms of general appearance, but in terms of specific content.

Very weird that this site would attract a Russian bot. Maybe an indication of how pervasive they are(???)
At some point yesterday evening I noticed you can see who is on the forum and there were several unregistered guests viewing the 2-3 main election-related threads. Then I noticed the bots. There were several Yandex bots viewing the Ukraine thread. It’s the first time I’ve used that feature, so it may be common but it seems interesting in light of this development.

Yes, there were several Google bots active early this morning.

Below is a screenshot from a thread last night. There is absolutely no reason there should have been a response in Russian.

It translates to
'I think it's a reasonable decision, but you might want to give some degree of credit to Boosie, he wasn't that far off and Ukraine may also want to take that into account.'. Hardly something that needed to be in Russian.

So Mundial is either a bot with a glitch or a Russian tasked to find political boards and post on them but forgot to translate his first paragraph. If somebody can give me a better explanation let me know but this is pretty damned crazy and scary. We've only been here a month. You can just imagine what the MAGA people have been fed over the last 8 years on their circle jerk sites.
1000004565.pngthread last night.
Я бы не беспокоился слишком сильно. Я уверен, что все в порядке.

Mundial is Spanish for world or universal.

So we have Hispanic bots that speak Russian?

Back