This is disconcerting. We have a Russian operative on this board. (Turned out it was a joke, all clear)

When I was a teenager, I was on a training hike prior to the Boy Scouts' Bath Pilgramage when I noticed we were walking beside an electric fence. I turned to try and push another guy into it, and my leaky, i.e, wet, Army canteen my my belt touched the wire. It was like someone was driving an electric drill up throught the sole of my foot. I really did not enjoy that. But the guy I was trying to push into the fence thought it was hilarious.

ETA: Sorry I didn't notice the language in the original post. Too late now. ☹️
Never pee on an electric fence, trust me.

So Rock (or nyc) what are the "robots" listed that are online? If you go to the section showing stats and details of who is online, it gives a total number online presently and breaks it down by members and guests. Just a few minutes ago there were a total of 50 - 26 members and 24 guests.

However, there is another button called "Robots." When I clicked on that, it showed 4 or 5 and what thread they were on or viewing. Rather than any sort of name or classification, it just showed Google or Bing, search engines.

So Rock (or nyc) what are the "robots" listed that are online? If you go to the section showing stats and details of who is online, it gives a total number online presently and breaks it down by members and guests. Just a few minutes ago there were a total of 50 - 26 members and 24 guests.

However, there is another button called "Robots." When I clicked on that, it showed 4 or 5 and what thread they were on or viewing. Rather than any sort of name or classification, it just showed Google or Bing, search engines.
First, the guests are due to having a really high number of lurkers. I'm sure due to nycfans high quality work and others who just want to read political discussion but not be involved from after IC shut down the forum, a lot of people just read and don't register. If we were to make this not readable without registering, the number of users here would immediately double at minimum. There are differing thoughts about how to run a forum but we are just being chill at the moment.

The robots are how search engines "collect" the data here so that if you Google political discussion, our forum will come up. It's a bit of a necessary evil.

Back