Tracking UNC’s School of Civic Life and Leadership

• Thread starter Thread starter EyeballKid
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 48
  • Views: 855
  • Off-Topic 
For good measure they eliminated Drama and Religious Studies and the major in French and German.

It's a really interesting problem. The schools that are UNC non-chapel hill just don't have the same prestige so they are dying. But UNC Chapel Hill is very desirable to the potential student population so they are expanding it to meet demand.

But they are all technically part of the same system. If the UNC system as a whole could somehow add to the prestige and quality of the education, we could serve a lot more students in North Carolina.

I'm sure it's been tried. I suspect the professors from Chapel Hill have been sent to Asheville and Wilmington. I'm sure remote is an option. But it's just not working.

No profs from UNC have been sent to system schools.
None? Do you know that for sure? UNC profs go to London, Singapore and the Galapagos as part of a formal exchange. Its hard to believe some professors wouldn't want to spend a summer in Asheville or Wilmington or have family in Greensboro or Charlotte.

None? Do you know that for sure? UNC profs go to London, Singapore and the Galapagos as part of a formal exchange. Its hard to believe some professors wouldn't want to spend a summer in Asheville or Wilmington or have family in Greensboro or Charlotte.
World of difference between a professor at UNC choosing to go to another system school and being “sent.”

Organizing professors is about as easy as herding cats. They’re not getting “sent.”

World of difference between a professor at UNC choosing to go to another system school and being “sent.”

Organizing professors is about as easy as herding cats. They’re not getting “sent.”
No
Not being sent
Choosing to , a maybe a couple . Senior administrators-one or two

No
Not being sent
Choosing to , a maybe a couple . Senior administrators-one or two

Thank you. I thought it was obvious that the Chapel Hill professors weren't being picked up by the prison bus and sent to other UNC campuses around the state but I appreciate you explaining it to the fella that didn't catch it. My fault for wording it that way.

Thank you. I thought it was obvious that the Chapel Hill professors weren't being picked up by the prison bus and sent to other UNC campuses around the state but I appreciate you explaining it to the fella that didn't catch it. My fault for wording it that way.

I’m trying to think of any scenario where this is happening.

Chancellors (left off a few)

Karrie Dixon from ECSU to NCCU

A&T’s Chancellor came from Pitt

ASU’s Provost is interim Chancellor and not from the UNC System

UNCA’s Chancellor did come from General Administration but not UNC (Texas system before that)

UNCW’s CH came from Elon

UNCC’s CH from U of Toledo

ECU’s CH — from private sector

UNCP CH — from healthcare (but a UNC UG)

WCU CH — came from Georgia system

NCSU CH — from Purdue

Be interesting to look at where the provosts are coming from.

$$$$$$$$$$&&&$$$$$$

Just an aside — The schools of the UNC System Board of Governors

Randy Ramsey _ Chair - NONE

Wendy Floyd Murphy - Vice Chair - UNCW

Secretary: Pearl Burris-Floyd - UNC

MEMBERS
Dr. Lee Barnes — ASU & dook & Fielding Graduate University
Kellie Hunt Blue - Pembroke
Kirk J. Bradley - UGa & dook
Harry Brown - Campbell
C. Philip Byers - ASU & WCU & NCSU
Swadesh Chatterjee - NCSU