Trump Rallies & Interviews Catch-All | Nassau County NY

• Thread starter Thread starter nycfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 933
  • Views: 20K
  • Politics 

The charges themselves are nothing. I'm not even sure what the allegations would be, unless there are unionization efforts underway at Tesla that I'm unaware of.

But it's going to be, kinda awkward I suppose, for Trump to call on unions to support him.

Trump doesn’t want union support. He wants union member support.
That's true. But what union member is going to want to support a guy who says that he supports firing workers if and when they strike?

And the unions will make sure every union member hears that message. Of course, plenty of union members will support him regardless but if he wants to do better with that crowd than he did in 2020, he's going about it in a very bad way.

Edit to add: Trump has met with several union leaders and even invited one to speak at the RNC. So I'm not sure you're right about whether he wants "union support."

That's true. But what union member is going to want to support a guy who says that he supports firing workers if and when they strike?

And the unions will make sure every union member hears that message. Of course, plenty of union members will support him regardless but if he wants to do better with that crowd than he did in 2020, he's going about it in a very bad way.

Edit to add: Trump has met with several union leaders and even invited one to speak at the RNC. So I'm not sure you're right about whether he wants "union support."
I think that’s like “Blacks for Trump” — it is a permission structure thing. He meets with union leaders to get union members comfortable voting for him - not that he really expects union leadership to support him.

“… Unfortunately, because of the complexity of modern day equipment, and cellphone technology, my voice was, in certain areas, somewhat different and strange. Therefore, we have put out an actual, and perfect, recording of the conversation. …”

——

Referring to an “actual and perfect” recording is a pretty strong tell by Trump that he means a doctored and corrected recording since they had anomalous cellphone technical errors that only gave him a lisp …

Back