Tyreek Hill and Scottie Scheffler

• Thread starter Thread starter theel4life
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 326
  • Views: 4K
  • Sports 
what a ridiculous hypothetical for this scenario. Dude is an NFL star driving a $400,000 car in the parking lot of an NFL stadium. He had rolled his window down and provided required documentation. If the cops wanted to see if he had a dead body in the car that was their chance. A routine traffic stop is not an invitation or even probable cause to search the vehicle.
"Dude is rich so he should be given every benefit of the doubt that no one else gets."

He rolled his window down and immediately rolled it back up after telling the cops he wasn't going to comply with their instructions. Shady behavior gets a shady response. Behind dark tinted glass they have no idea if he is reaching for a gun or what he is doing in there.

what a ridiculous hypothetical for this scenario. Dude is an NFL star driving a $400,000 car in the parking lot of an NFL stadium. He had rolled his window down and provided required documentation. If the cops wanted to see if he had a dead body in the car that was their chance. A routine traffic stop is not an invitation or even probable cause to search the vehicle.
Except he wasn't in the parking lot. He was on a major thoroughfare outside of the stadium lots.

I hope that was a poor attempt at a joke and that's all. For your sake.
It wasn't literal....i.e. there was clearly no dead body in the passenger seat. The point was that once those windows go up the officers can't see inside anymore. That's a safety issue for all involved.

My 2 cents after watching the video. Obviously Tyreek was being unnecessarily difficult, and the smart thing to do in that situation is just keep your window down and not be outwardly antagonistic so you can move on with your life without incident. However, the cop needlessly and continuously escalating the situation like that is fireable imo.

A cop’s number one priority should be de-escalating and avoiding violence. People always say being a cop is hard and they’re on edge because, who knows, maybe someone you pull over for a traffic violation is going to pull out a gun. Guess what, the best way to avoid being shot is to de-escalate and keep everyone involved calm. Especially the cop at the end repeatedly asking for his license. Wtf was that? He was so heated and confrontational and turned a calm situation into a hostile one for no reason other than to flex his authority.

This cop was an asshole. Looked how he changed his attitude once he found out the he was a football player.

This cop was an asshole. Looked how he changed his attitude once he found out the he was a football player.

Kind of flies in the face of the narrative that "he knew it was Tyreek Hill of the bat so he should have known he was not in any danger." Also that video is missing the first two minutes. Wonder why they were cropped out and it only starts with the officers removing Hill from the car?

Kind of flies in the face of the narrative that "he knew it was Tyreek Hill of the bat so he should have known he was not in any danger." Also that video is missing the first two minutes. Wonder why they were cropped out and it only starts with the officers removing Hill from the car?
You thought that cops attitude was fine?

I'm going to go on record as hoping that Bo and everyone else who is defending the actions of these cops as completely reasonable, necessary, and appropriate are treated that way in every interaction that they have with law enforcement for the rest of their lives.

Moreover I hope that their family is treated the same way. Their parents, their children, their significant others, should all be subject to this exact same treatment in any circumstance dealing with law enforcement.

I certainly can't imagine they would object to that seeing as they feel this is completely reasonable. And I don't want to hear anything about mouthing off or being disrespectful because none of that is illegal and none of that should have any impact on the way law enforcement officers behave in a given situation. Moreover they should not get the opportunity to say that they were going to comply or would comply because Tyreek Hill could have been given the opportunity to comply, but the officer decided instead to get him out of the car because he felt like it. Bo is right about one thing- The officers are ultimately in control of that situation and they are responsible for how it happens.

If this was necessary reasonable and appropriate then they would have no objection to every time that they encountered a law enforcement officer they were treated the exact same way.

Anyone objecting to this as a personal attack or as malice on my part must clearly understand that what happened was wrong.

My 2 cents after watching the video. Obviously Tyreek was being unnecessarily difficult, and the smart thing to do in that situation is just keep your window down and not be outwardly antagonistic so you can move on with your life without incident. However, the cop needlessly and continuously escalating the situation like that is fireable imo.

A cop’s number one priority should be de-escalating and avoiding violence. People always say being a cop is hard and they’re on edge because, who knows, maybe someone you pull over for a traffic violation is going to pull out a gun. Guess what, the best way to avoid being shot is to de-escalate and keep everyone involved calm. Especially the cop at the end repeatedly asking for his license. Wtf was that? He was so heated and confrontational and turned a calm situation into a hostile one for no reason other than to flex his authority.
I disagree. A cops #1 priority should be their safety.

Back