Tyreek Hill and Scottie Scheffler

• Thread starter Thread starter theel4life
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 326
  • Views: 4K
  • Sports 
It could be that the cop didn't kick him. From the videos yesterday it sure did look like the cop ran over to him and to me kicked him. However, in the bodycam vid from today, that same cop can be seen running over to him and tackling him down to the ground. It could have been that and not a kick, like I thought yesterday from watching the video from a different angle.
I think most likely they cut off the body cam footage prior to the kick. These are snippets, not the entire interaction. PDs do this all the time to try to let things die down before releasing the truly inflammatory part of the video.

Yeah, they really looked in the break-giving mood.

So we can assume the window tint was not illegal, and that safety hypothetical you provided is unsupported in reality.
Florida only allows front windows to be tinted to a max of 28%. I'm not sure how much experience you have with window tint, but Hill's windows were clearly much darker than that. You can tell that much with a naked eye.

I think most likely they cut off the body cam footage prior to the kick. These are snippets, not the entire interaction. PDs do this all the time to try to let things die down before releasing the truly inflammatory part of the video.
The kick that no one claims happened and that no one has been able to produce video of? I think most likely they cut the body camera footage off just prior to Hill speeding off at 200 miles per hour and running over a puppy.

Again, factually wrong. You are mixing best case scenario with legal requirements and limits.

Best case scenario would have been for Hill to roll his window down, put his hands at 10 and 2 and comply. He didn't nor is he required by law to do so.

On the flip side, when a motorist is pulled for cause (speeding or reckless driving) he is being detained and is detained until he signs the ticket and released. The officer can request (demand) the driver get out of his car and go to a different area, even a squad car if one present.

Your statement that all Hill had to do was wait for his ticket is 100% false, according to the law.

The officers will still most likely pay for not accepting the attitude of a star athlete creating drama and playing victim. But your statements over and over are totally inaccurate and false.
The officer didn’t actually give Hill time to comply with the get out of the car order. He’s hemming and hawing about whether he’s going to make him get out then finally says “you know what get out of the car” as he is ripping the car door open and yanking Hill out of the car. This guy doesn’t have the temperament to work at a Walmart, much less as a cop.

Nah, they’ll just shoot grandma while she’s holding a pot of water in her own kitchen.
Different situation and that was 100% murder but is also irrelevant to this discussion. That would be like me saying "Hill will just shoot the officer in the face when he asks for his registration."

Different situation and that was 100% murder but is also irrelevant to this discussion. That would be like me saying "Hill will just shoot the officer in the face when he asks for his registration."
It is 100% relevant to this discussion. Local cops in this country have completely destroyed the trust of entire segments of our population by murdering far too many of them because the cops tend to escalate situations rather than de-escalate them, as was put on display yet again on Sunday. Crimes go unreported and unsolved in predominantly black neighborhoods because people are too scared that calling the police will just result in making the situation worse. Cops aren’t going to be spoken to with respect by people in these communities because respect is earned, and policing in our country has failed to earn that respect from people of color.

It is 100% relevant to this discussion. Local cops in this country have completely destroyed the trust of entire segments of our population by murdering far too many of them because they tend to escalate situations rather than de-escalate them, as was put on display yet again on Sunday. Cops aren’t going to be spoken to with respect because respect is earned, and policing in our country has failed to earn that respect from people of color.
It is also 100% relevant to this discussion that cops are shot, shot at, or killed on traffic stops with startling frequency in this country, and being an asshole, not following instructions and attempting to hide behind darkly tinted windows is going to put a cop on edge and escalate a situation further than it has to be.

They still botched it because of thin skin.

Police Fail
Botched what? Are we moving the goalposts from "they clearly hit and kicked him on video" to "well they kicked him but they must have edited the video" to "well they didn't do any of that but cops bad"?

Botched what? Are we moving the goalposts from "they clearly hit and kicked him on video" to "well they kicked him but they must have edited the video" to "well they didn't do any of that but cops bad"?
The goalposts are firmly intact.

The cops overreacted and escalated the situation turning it into a physical confrontation.

Write the ticket and move on with your day.

It would have been very easy for the police to handle that without the excessive force they ended up using.

Last edited:
The goalposts are firmly entact.

The cops overreacted and escalated the situation turning into a physical confrontation.

It would have been very easy for the police to handle that without the excessive force they ended up using.
Agencylife Bingo GIF by MX Player

Yes, those videos always seem to “malfunction” at the right time, or they hold on to them hoping folks forget.

The goalposts are firmly intact.

The cops overreacted and escalated the situation turning into a physical confrontation.

The goalposts have moved completely. First it was "look at them hitting him." Then it was "look at them kicking him". Then it was "well they actually didn't do any of that but they yelled at him."

Hill's mistake was thinking that because he is famous and wealthy that he gets to control the situation. "Don't tell me what to do." Yeah, that's not a line you can use on a cop when you just committed a crime.

Take the ticket and move on with your day.

Back