UNC Football Catch-All Thread | Week 4 - James Madison @ UNC (Noon ACCN)

• Thread starter Thread starter Croatoan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 665
  • Views: 8K
  • UNC Sports 
Hampton only played a quarter and a half. Plenty of backups got some reps. Harell had some nice plays; thought the play calling was better adjusted for his game yesterday.

The concern yesterday was the pass defense: gave up way too many long throws. Run defense was fine against a pretty toothless Charlotte rushing attack.

That sure is a miserable bunch over at the Tar Pit.
Just wait until basketball season starts. The IC free basketball board will be just as miserable, even after games we win. Many of them won't be happy until Coach Davis is fired, and maybe not even then. My favorite threads are the ones where posters insist on comparing us to Indiana as a has-been program. They conveniently overlook the fact that we were in the national title game just a couple of years ago and have won a national title and played for two others in the past ten years, while Indiana hasn't been to a Final Four in over twenty years. It's like they have no sense of UNC or general basketball history at all.

JMU held Charlotte to 7 points in week one. NC Central should be a walk through, but JMU the following week will be a challenge.

We gave up 13 points basically. Mack cleared the bench with 5 minutes left. The performance was OK. It never felt competitive even though we gave up some big plays. We do not have a QB that will be playing on Sunday this year and one of them probably shouldn't be playing on Saturday either. This year we are a 7-8 win team. The past 3-4 years we were ten win teams that won 7-8 games.

And 99% of IC, including the moderators, couldn't even sniff the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill without buying an event ticket. When they're not having tempter tantrums on message boards, most of them spend the rest of their spare time spreading misspelled Trump memes.

We gave up 13 points basically. Mack cleared the bench with 5 minutes left. The performance was OK. It never felt competitive even though we gave up some big plays. We do not have a QB that will be playing on Sunday this year and one of them probably shouldn't be playing on Saturday either. This year we are a 7-8 win team. The past 3-4 years we were ten win teams that won 7-8 games.

And 99% of IC, including the moderators, couldn't even sniff the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill without buying an event ticket. When they're not having tempter tantrums on message boards, most of them spend the rest of their spare time spreading misspelled Trump memes.
Would you stop supporting the team if you found out majority of team voted for Trump?

Like this team for some reason. Sounds like there might be bad weather Saturday. I’m going Heels 41, Eagles 10.

Like this team for some reason. Sounds like there might be bad weather Saturday. I’m going Heels 41, Eagles 10.
We're not great; probably not even good; but we've got enough pieces to make it fun. Considering FSU's stumbles out of the gate, there are no unwinnable games on our schedule. Still expecting 6-6, but hoping for better.

Would you stop supporting the team if you found out majority of team voted for Trump?

That's a good question. I'd never stop supporting the program, but I certainly might stop caring too much for a particular team if it consisted mostly of certian types of undesirables. That could be rapists, murderers, thieves, Trumpers, or various other things.

That's a good question. I'd never stop supporting the program, but I certainly might stop caring too much for a particular team if it consisted mostly of certian types of undesirables. That could be rapists, murderers, thieves, Trumpers, or various other things.
I imagine that if you dug too deeply into the thoughts and desires of most members of most teams, you'd find a lot of undesirables. Although I run the risk of a Harold Miner attack, I'd propose you root for jerseys and not get too invested in the beliefs of most players.

Back