Walz — Comer Opens Congressional Investigation of Walz trips to China

I pretty much agree here although I personally like Walz and he was the one who delivered the "weird" playbook that has the GOP reeling. There's just something super authentic about him and I think people around the country would really like him. Shapiro has more upside and I could see him actually being the president in his own right one day, but I think Walz is the right guy for right now.

But if it's Shapiro or Kelly or even Beshear I'm not going to be mad. The only one I would really disagree with would be Pete.
Can you explain your position on Pete?

I would love for Pete to be on the ticket.

Unfortunately, I don't have confidence that our country could elect a woman and a gay dude. Just like I believe our country would struggle to vote for a two women ticket.

Personally, I have no problem voting for a woman, a black woman, a gay man, a gay woman, a black man, or any mix of these characteristics. I want the substance that they stand for. I want someone who will push for equality and maybe take on the health care and food industries.

Unfortunately, I don't have confidence that our country could elect a woman and a gay dude. Just like I believe our country would struggle to vote for a two women ticket.

Personally, I have no problem voting for a woman, a black woman, a gay man, a gay woman, a black man, or any mix of these characteristics. I want the substance that they stand for. I want someone who will push for equality and maybe take on the health care and food industries.
I mean I was terrriffed of winning with Black-Female-from Cali I was wrong ..Amen pick the damn smart one that can talk cirles around most of them.

I have the same reasoning as you.

Pete also got basically zero support from nonwhite voters when he ran for president in 2020.

If you took all possible politicians with presidential aspirations from both sides, eliminated all baggage, and decided who would be the best person to lead our country for the next 8 years, Pete Buttigieg and Gavin Newsome would be 1a and 1b.

The sexuality issue with Pete is, unfortunately, still a thing, but is becoming a less important thing over time. I just think pairing him as a VP with a woman president would be a case of “too much” for many Americans.

But that’s actually the lesser of the issues with Pete.

The main issue is his relationship with the black community. It’s shaky at best due to some policing issues as mayor of South Bend. He was absolutely hammered on these issues during the 2020 Democratic debates, and he struggled to find a way to counter the accusations, which is unusual for him. Now, when you add in the black community’s historical social conservatism regarding same-sex relationships, it puts him in a tough spot.

The tragic irony of it is being on a ticket with Kamala Harris would go such a long way to improving his standing with the black community, and would allow him the chance to get out and speak with them. And everyone that takes the time to actually speak with Pete ends up a big fan. I remember him going on Charlemagne Tha God’s podcast and completely winning them over in 2020. But I just don’t think we have enough time to win over the black voters with Pete this cycle.

I think his next step needs to be a gubernatorial run somewhere.

If you took all possible politicians with presidential aspirations from both sides, eliminated all baggage, and decided who would be the best person to lead our country for the next 8 years, Pete Buttigieg and Gavin Newsome would be 1a and 1b.

The sexuality issue with Pete is, unfortunately, still a thing, but is becoming a less important thing over time. I just think pairing him as a VP with a woman president would be a case of “too much” for many Americans.

The main issue is his relationship with the black community. It’s shaky at best due to some policing issues as mayor of South Bend. He was absolutely hammered on these issues during the 2020 Democratic debates, and he struggled to find a way to counter the accusations, which is unusual for him. Now, when you add in the black community’s historical social conservatism regarding same-sex relationships, it puts him in a tough spot.

The tragic irony of it is being on a ticket with Kamala Harris would go such a long way to improving his standing with the black community, and would allow him the chance to get out and speak with them. And everyone that takes the time to actually speak with Pete ends up a big fan. I remember him going on Charlemagne Tha God’s podcast and completely winning them over in 2020. But I just don’t think we have enough time to win over the black voters with Pete this cycle.

I was not aware of the PoPo issue Thanks

What's the realistic state to govern? It isn't Indiana and Pete doesn't have strong connections elsewhere, unless you consider three years working for McKinsey in Chicago enough to test the waters in IL (I don't).

I like Pete, but I do think he needs to get a higher profile than Secretary of Transportation if he's going to make a serious run at the presidency. Maybe serving as vice-president would do it, but if not he needs to get out of deep-red Indiana, as I don't see him ever getting elected governor or senator from there. Somebody has said that he now lives in Michigan, which is certainly a lot more doable in terms of a Democrat winning the statehouse or a senate seat. I think that Kelly or Shapiro or Walz would all be strong candidates and bring something valuable to the ticket. Originally I favored Kelly, but Walz has really grown on me, and Shapiro would be fine and would certainly strengthen her chances of winning PA.

I like them all. But it seems as if it’s gonna be JShap
It's reports like this about Shapiro that make me deeply worried about Michigan and Arab-American voter backlash:

"Palestinians will not coexist peacefully," Shapiro wrote in the piece. "They do not have the capabilities to establish their own homeland and make it successful even with the aid of Israel and the United States. They are too battle-minded to be able to establish a peaceful homeland of their own."

He wrote: “Using history as precedent, peace between Arabs and Israelis is virtually impossible and will never come.” He also wrote: “Palestinians will not coexist peacefully…They do not have the capabilities to establish their own homeland and make it successful even with the aid of Israel and the United States. They are too battle-minded to be able to establish a peaceful homeland of their own.”

Shapiro today said his views have changed, but he did not specify which views or apologize.

“Governor Shapiro must not simply claim that his views have changed. He must explicitly apologize and then prove that he has changed by retracting his recent anti-Palestinian positions, pledging to protect the right of students, state employees and everyone else in Pennsylvania to protest the Gaza genocide, and calling for an end to U.S. support for the Israeli government’s war crimes.

“He must also explain exactly what he did while serving in the Israeli military, given its decades long history of committing crimes against humanity, including during the time Shapiro served.

“Only then will Governor Shapiro hope to begin regaining the full trust of all Pennsylvanians, including its Muslim, Palestinian and Arab communities.”

He noted that in May, CAIR-Pennsylvania condemned Governor Shapiro for his remarks in Pittsburgh in which he encouraged UPenn to remove a peaceful anti-genocide encampment.

In October of last year, CAIR’s Philadelphia and Pittsburgh chapters released a public letter to Shapiro denouncing his statements in reaction to the cycle of violence in the Middle East.

More than 60 representatives of Pennsylvania’s Muslim organizations, mosques and schools co-signed the letter, which criticized Governor Shapiro’s disregard for his Palestinian-American constituents who have lost family members or are concerned for their safety due to Israel’s indiscriminate attacks against civilian areas.

CAIR’s mission is to protect civil rights, enhance understanding of Islam, promote justice, and empower American Muslims.

HARRISBURG — Amid protests over the war in Gaza, Gov. Josh Shapiro has quietly revised his administration’s code of conduct to bar state employees from engaging in “scandalous or disgraceful” behavior — actions that could lead to discipline or termination, Spotlight PA has learned.

The vaguely worded update, which went into effect last week without the public fanfare of some executive orders, is raising alarm among First Amendment advocates concerned that it could be used to unconstitutionally curtail free speech.

It has also heightened fears among pro-Palestinian and Muslim American groups that employees who express opinions that differ from the Democratic governor’s stance on the war could be unfairly punished.

We need all Democrats to vote in that state and I think we win PA and Michigan with either of Walz or Kelly.

Following up to add that I don't vouch for any side in the above reports. I just want to win Michigan.

Last edited:
It's reports like this about Shapiro that make me deeply worried about Michigan and Arab-American voter backlash:

"Palestinians will not coexist peacefully," Shapiro wrote in the piece. "They do not have the capabilities to establish their own homeland and make it successful even with the aid of Israel and the United States. They are too battle-minded to be able to establish a peaceful homeland of their own."

He wrote: “Using history as precedent, peace between Arabs and Israelis is virtually impossible and will never come.” He also wrote: “Palestinians will not coexist peacefully…They do not have the capabilities to establish their own homeland and make it successful even with the aid of Israel and the United States. They are too battle-minded to be able to establish a peaceful homeland of their own.”

Shapiro today said his views have changed, but he did not specify which views or apologize.

“Governor Shapiro must not simply claim that his views have changed. He must explicitly apologize and then prove that he has changed by retracting his recent anti-Palestinian positions, pledging to protect the right of students, state employees and everyone else in Pennsylvania to protest the Gaza genocide, and calling for an end to U.S. support for the Israeli government’s war crimes.

“He must also explain exactly what he did while serving in the Israeli military, given its decades long history of committing crimes against humanity, including during the time Shapiro served.

“Only then will Governor Shapiro hope to begin regaining the full trust of all Pennsylvanians, including its Muslim, Palestinian and Arab communities.”

He noted that in May, CAIR-Pennsylvania condemned Governor Shapiro for his remarks in Pittsburgh in which he encouraged UPenn to remove a peaceful anti-genocide encampment.

In October of last year, CAIR’s Philadelphia and Pittsburgh chapters released a public letter to Shapiro denouncing his statements in reaction to the cycle of violence in the Middle East.

More than 60 representatives of Pennsylvania’s Muslim organizations, mosques and schools co-signed the letter, which criticized Governor Shapiro’s disregard for his Palestinian-American constituents who have lost family members or are concerned for their safety due to Israel’s indiscriminate attacks against civilian areas.

CAIR’s mission is to protect civil rights, enhance understanding of Islam, promote justice, and empower American Muslims.

HARRISBURG — Amid protests over the war in Gaza, Gov. Josh Shapiro has quietly revised his administration’s code of conduct to bar state employees from engaging in “scandalous or disgraceful” behavior — actions that could lead to discipline or termination, Spotlight PA has learned.

The vaguely worded update, which went into effect last week without the public fanfare of some executive orders, is raising alarm among First Amendment advocates concerned that it could be used to unconstitutionally curtail free speech.

It has also heightened fears among pro-Palestinian and Muslim American groups that employees who express opinions that differ from the Democratic governor’s stance on the war could be unfairly punished.

We need all Democrats to vote in that state and I think we win PA and Michigan with either of Walz or Kelly.

Following up to add that I don't vouch for any side in the above reports. I just want to win Michigan.
I've been using most of my free time to work on this site so I haven't dug deep into any stories. I figured with the VP, I'll just wait until whoever is selected. But, from a birds eye view of the VP storyline, the Shapiro stuff worries me a little. Like a 2/10 whereas everyone else is at 0/10. I know nothing about him other than a few clips where he seems very well spoken and intelligent, so that's awesome.

Just uhh.. man I hope Harris continues the momentum.

If Trump loses this time, hopefully he just gets out of politics other than occasionally talking some trash on social media. As a conservative, I've had enough of him.
He has to stay in the limelight to run the grift that finances his lawyers. I suspect he will run till he dies because he needs the RNC purse to pay his legal fees.

If Trump loses this time, hopefully he just gets out of politics other than occasionally talking some trash on social media. As a conservative, I've had enough of him.
Yet, IIRC, you’re not voting for the opponent who can beat Trump, Kamala Harris.

Back