Walz — Comer Opens Congressional Investigation of Walz trips to China

I gotta admit, I've had my trepidations since Joe did the right thing, in order to save democracy.

No candidate is perfect. Kamala is certainly not perfect. She should be knocked for her hypocrisy when she was AG in California. If the GQP are smart, they'll get off the race/gender thing and attack her for flip flops there.

But this is as good a running mate anyone who detests 45 could ask for. She had my vote already. She enthusiastically has my vote now and I'll probably get a yard sign. Kamala can look presidential and focus on the issues while Walz just does the crazy uncle thing and tears JVV and 45 to shreds.

I'm excited. We actually might save democracy after all.

With the potency of the woman's right to choose issue, I think Dems had a decent chance for a Prez/House/Senate sweep had VP Harris tacked a little to the center with the VP pick.
Given RoevWade overturn and the unpopularity of Trump/Vance, Dems should still win the Presiency, although likely with a smaller number of electoral votes.
Where this selection will certainly not help (and might hurt in some race4s) will be in some swing Cong districts and really tight Senate races. In those contests, indie (and even a few R) voters won't vote for Trump but might decide to vote for a R Cong candidate. I think Shapiro or Beshear could have enticed some of those voters to go KH and the D Cong candidates, rather than splitting
A woman's right to choose is still easily the most potent issue this year and that hopefully will carry the say in these Cong races as well. It has done so the past two years so fingers crossed again.

Thg good thing for the deep Dem slate of governors (Shapiro, Whitmer, Beshear, Moore, Pritzker) is that it clears the way for them to run in 28 or 32. given Walz's age. Hopefully, strong Latino candidates will also emerge over the next few years.

That small segement of Bernie Bros and their smear campaign may cost the Dems some votes in the Jewish community unless KH can do some fence-mending. The vitriol they put online in plac4es like X was unforgivable IMO.
Let's get this done!

With the potency of the woman's right to choose issue, I think Dems had a decent chance for a Prez/House/Senate sweep had VP Harris tacked a little to the center with the VP pick.
Given RoevWade overturn and the unpopularity of Trump/Vance, Dems should still win the Presiency, although likely with a smaller number of electoral votes.
Where this selection will certainly not help (and might hurt in some race4s) will be in some swing Cong districts and really tight Senate races. In those contests, indie (and even a few R) voters won't vote for Trump but might decide to vote for a R Cong candidate. I think Shapiro or Beshear could have enticed some of those voters to go KH and the D Cong candidates, rather than splitting
A woman's right to choose is still easily the most potent issue this year and that hopefully will carry the say in these Cong races as well. It has done so the past two years so fingers crossed again.

Thg good thing for the deep Dem slate of governors (Shapiro, Whitmer, Beshear, Moore, Pritzker) is that it clears the way for them to run in 28 or 32. given Walz's age. Hopefully, strong Latino candidates will also emerge over the next few years.

That small segement of Bernie Bros and their smear campaign may cost the Dems some votes in the Jewish community unless KH can do some fence-mending. The vitriol they put online in plac4es like X was unforgivable IMO.
Let's get this done!
Did you watch the rally in Philadelphia tonight?

Walz joined at 18 as a private. Rose through the NCO (sergeant) ranks, each requiring extreme competence at increasingly demanding jobs with more people & responsibility at every rank.

When you reach “Master Sergeant” you are selected to serve as a First Sergeant (1SG) of a unit…if you’re good enough.

Then, those 1SGTs compete for selection to Sergeant Major.

Only the best Sergeant Majors are selected for Command Sergeant Major (CSM) billets. CSMs serve as the senior enlisted person in the unit and the advisor to Commanders at battalion and above.

Having served with dozens of CSMs as my unit & command “battle buddy” I will attest they were all awesome. They know what they’re doing. They uphold standards. They speak their minds to all ranks (private to generals). They’re not afraid of getting bad news because they know how to fix things when they go wrong. And they serve the command (their commander and their soldiers) with a selfless integrity and a complete dedication.

During social events and informal occasions, they’re usually a whole bunch of fun. And they always have great stories. But they’re always professional.

So, those are my thoughts on Command Sergeants Major. While I don’t know the details of
@GovTimWalz
career wearing the cloth of our country, just the fact that he volunteered to serve and wore the CSM rank tells me a lot about him.”

. . . When you reach “Master Sergeant” you are selected to serve as a First Sergeant (1SG) of a unit…if you’re good enough. . . ..
This sentence is inconsistent with my recollection of Army enlisted ranks.

Back