Welcome! (Small Update Mon. 7/29)

• Thread starter Thread starter Rock
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 233
  • Views: 3K
I’m dizzy (and delighted) with all the features. It’s going to take me a few days to figure it out. Especially when I’m used to waiting for some stupid ad to load and shift the page before I touch anything.
No Amazon, I do not need school supplies.

I spoke too soon. The favicon is showing up on my bookmarks bar, but not on the open ZZLP tab. Not a huge deal, but I usually do have a lot of tabs open, so it would be nice to see that Z up there amongst the myriad of open tabs...
I will double check but have you tried opening a new tab since the switch has been made or is that one that's been open? Or can you launch a new browser session and confirm the tab one doesn't show? Thx!

I’m dizzy (and delighted) with all the features. It’s going to take me a few days to figure it out. Especially when I’m used to waiting for some stupid ad to load and shift the page before I touch anything.
No Amazon, I do not need school supplies.
Apparently, at least according to the KU 247 site, the ads are even getting worse now. That plus the 247 software that feels sluggish can make for a poor user experience.

I'm working on a better guide than just written words but you'll get the hang of it. It's great stuff.

Hmmm, it does show up on the tab when I launched it in Explorer but not in Chrome, so maybe it's a browser-specific issue. It's really not a big deal, Rock, I'm sure you've got bigger things to deal with on your plate right now (but I do like that favicon (and I like typing "favicon"))...

Well this is interesting. The favicon now shows up on the tab in Chrome if I'm in any style mode except default, but the default style mode is the one that has the thread topics in blue, which I much prefer. I'm very tech unsavvy, but that seems kinda odd. I'll sacrifice the favicon on the open tab to having the thread titles and other buttons in blue text...

I was just fooling around with various styles (not style variation), on my pulldown menu there's four different options: use default style: ZZL, Default style, ZZL and Shades of Gray. "Default style" is the only one that has blue text for the tread titles and buttons, but it's also the only one that doesn't have the favicon on the browser tab.

I was just fooling around with various styles (not style variation), on my pulldown menu there's four different options: use default style: ZZL, Default style, ZZL and Shades of Gray. "Default style" is the only one that has blue text for the tread titles and buttons, but it's also the only one that doesn't have the favicon on the browser tab.
We Did It Smiling GIF

Edit: wait you see two ZZLs?

Last edited:
Yeah, one is awkwardly titled "Use default style: ZZL" and the other one is just "ZZL." Neither of them are the options that render the thread titles or buttons blue, so I won't be using either...

The options in the style variation dropdown menu are System, Light and Dark, I didn't investigate much but at first glance System and Light appear to be the exact same...

Regardless, you've solved the problem, the new favicon is on the tab now. Sir, I shake your hand...

Really would love to be able to talk UNC sports and other topics besides politics, too. This can be a great alternative to the IC boards.

Back