Welcome! (Small Update Mon. 7/29)

• Thread starter Thread starter Rock
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 233
  • Views: 3K
Gran, sorry for the slow response. Trying to implement some new functions and part of what you said was included so just had to wait.

At the top of the forum list on mobile you should see Mark read/Watch. If you click Mark read, it will ask you to confirm, and then when you come back, all threads that have had posts since you left will appear bright/bold as they have had new posts. Is this what you are referring to and are saying the 247 software did without having to click Mark read? Sorry, just trying to understand if I have it right.

As to your second question, if you leave a thread and click on it again, it should take you back to where you left off. You're not the first person to ask this though others said it worked as though you asked so I'm wondering if there is a problem.

Sorry, again to clarify, you're saying that when you click on a thread you already visited, it takes you to the first post or say the last post and not the one you were on when you left?.

Thanks and sorry for all the questions!
Everything seems to be working okay now.
Thanks

There are a ton of things on this forum that we will eventually remove or change around as this forum comes out of the box like the cockpit of a jumbo jet. Just a million knobs and buttons that may be useful to some forum out there but not ours.

We decided launching quicker was better than tweaking it for two weeks and then releasing it to ensure the chance of actually growing an audience. We've blown past expectations on that front.

And yes, like marking all emails read, you could make all the threads read so only topics that had new posts upon your return would show up as bolded with newer activity.
I hope this isn't already asked and answered, but is there a way to mark specific threads as read rather than the whole forum?

Edited to add - I don't necessarily want to ignore a thread's future updates, just take it out of bold today.

I hope this isn't already asked and answered, but is there a way to mark specific threads as read rather than the whole forum?

Edited to add - I don't necessarily want to ignore a thread's future updates, just take it out of bold today.
There may be a way but at the moment, that ability has not been updated to the current version of this boards software. I have pushed for a fix and will let you know ASAP. For now, you'd have to just click on threads to "read them" which I understand is not ideal. Sorry, I will do my best!

Thank you Rock for putting this site together . . !
Longtime reader of ZZLP, infrequent poster . . . this is a great graduation from the 247 site.
Thank you for joining us!

Bruce Willis Party GIF by IFC

There may be a way but at the moment, that ability has not been updated to the current version of this boards software. I have pushed for a fix and will let you know ASAP. For now, you'd have to just click on threads to "read them" which I understand is not ideal. Sorry, I will do my best!
No apologies, I was just curious!

Damn...I go on vacation for a week out of the country and everything has been upended. Wow. Kudos on putting this site together and very happy to see so many familiar posters from whom I've learned a lot over the years. Thanks and looking forward to reading....and occasionally posting here.

Rock: I love your title of “Chef de Cuisine”. Yes, Chef!

Low priority request: Is there any way to have a forum logo that stands out on the tab for this forum on the bookmarks bar and the open tabs? The current icon is a boilerplate black and white globe, it would be cool if the bookmark/open tab for this forum had an icon that popped (yes, I usually have a lot of tabs open and my bookmark bar is pretty crowded, so a distinctive icon for this forum would facilitate finding it)...

Low priority request: Is there any way to have a forum logo that stands out on the tab for this forum on the bookmarks bar and the open tabs? The current icon is a boilerplate black and white globe, it would be cool if the bookmark/open tab for this forum had an icon that popped (yes, I usually have a lot of tabs open and my bookmark bar is pretty crowded, so a distinctive icon for this forum would facilitate finding it)...
Thank you for reminding me of that!!!

Yes, I will try and get that sorted tonight. That ZZL logo at the top won't fit so I might have to try my hand at graphic design.

Thanks again!

Low priority on that, Rock. Very low. Like if that happens 3 months from now, I'd be ecstatic. You need some sleep...

Site looks good. Looking forward to it since IC is removing the politics board. I am interested to see how much their traffic decreases.

Site looks good. Looking forward to it since IC is removing the politics board. I am interested to see how much their traffic decreases.
That's going to be an interesting day. Seems like quite a few people still posting actively in the politics forum knowing it's going away in six days.

And I get the comfort of your home board. I really do. Old habits are hard to break and all that. One of the funny things about posting on here for just a little bit is when you go back, you notice just how bad the user interface/experience is that 247 refuses to do anything about. Don't value the forums and all that.

There is actually a name for that, a favicon.

Really, really missing you guys. Took the nycfan getaway route over Caribbean. Due south of Miami, right over Cuba. to Grand Cayman. Is just awful down here.
Thank you for reminding me of that!!!

Yes, I will try and get that sorted tonight. That ZZL logo at the top won't fit so I might have to try my hand at graphic design.

Thanks again!
Gotta be some artistic people here or somebody with graphic design to help out.

Last edited:
Really, really missing you guys. Took the nyc route over Caribbean. Due south of Miami, right over Cuba. to Grand Cayman. Is just awful down here.

Gotta be some artistic people here or somebody with graphic design to help out.
Rock just wanted to thank you for the ignore button and it's so cool you don't even see the quotes. I was really busy today and just got to check in and it looks like somebody may have moved the cinder block and some skunks got up under the house! I ignored Heel2695 and the other one ENC once I get through Kamala laughing at the responses!

Back