Wordle thread

• Thread starter Thread starter farce©
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 562
  • Views: 3K
  • Off-Topic 
Took me four tries (zero on first try, one yellow on second try) but probably in real time was about 30 seconds.
I put as much stock personally on how quickly I solve it as much as how many tries.

My idiocy and luck both on display this morning
Wordle 1,139 3/6

⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Why are they dumbing down connections? That was trivially easy.
Connections
Puzzle #417
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟪🟪🟪🟪

We are currently smoking the NYT avg of 3.3 by a half stroke with a board avg of 2.8 (2.75). Tip o' the tam o' shanter
to the two 2's that got us off to such a strong start today...

Are our averages skewed because people are more likely to post their score when they do well, and don’t report when they have an off day?

Not sure about that in here yet, I try to post every day and I think most of the regulars on the IC Wordle thread do, too. Certainly see plenty of 5's and 6's (including from me) and the occasional outright fail (ditto). From what I've seen, nobody seems shy to post their less than stellar scores...

Are our averages skewed because people are more likely to post their score when they do well, and don’t report when they have an off day?

Not me. I post my score and my grid everyday. Usually with a witty comment.

I don’t understand why everybody doesn’t share their grid. It required some extra effort on the ZZL but this board makes it as simple as adding it to a text.

My streak of 3s continues for now. I’ve had good luck since this board started.

Wordle 1,139 3/6*

🟨⬜🟩⬜⬜
⬜🟨🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

ETA: NYT average down to 3.3 now

I don’t understand why everybody doesn’t share their grid. It required some extra effort on the ZZL but this board makes it as simple as adding it to a text.
I’m sure it is easier, but I’m too busy trying to catch up on all the posts to learn new tricks.
I really should have jumped in 10 days ago, but I wanted to wait to see if the new site was going to take flight.

4. My streak of threes is over. Not a single yellow today.

Wordle 1,140 4/6*

⬜⬜🟩⬜🟩
⬜🟩🟩⬜🟩
⬜🟩🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Almost pulled out the "QU" for the 3rd guess, as it's been a while since NYT had a "QU" word but pulled back at the last minute and was glad I did.

Wordle 1,140 3/6*
⬛⬛🟩⬛⬛
⬛⬛🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Connections
Puzzle #418
🟪🟪🟪🟪
🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩

How do you do it? I could never figure out how to do it on IC and I've grown accustomed to giving a number on my various text threads with friends. Also, posting the grid gives a lot more info on what the word might be (or at least the nature of the word's construction and layout) so I always feel like I'm kinda cheating when I look at somebody else's grid before I start doing the game myself, esp. if I have an inkling what their starting word was...

How do you do it? I could never figure out how to do it on IC and I've grown accustomed to giving a number on my various text threads with friends. Also, posting the grid gives a lot more info on what the word might be (or at least the nature of the word's construction and layout) so I always feel like I'm kinda cheating when I look at somebody else's grid before I start doing the game myself, esp. if I have an inkling what their starting word was...

When you finish the puzzle the the “statistics” screen pops up (the screen that shows how many games you’ve played and win%.) There is a green oval button near the bottom of the stats screen that says “Share.” Press that “Share” button and it copies your\ grid. Come here and click in your post and press “paste” and presto! your grid is posted. It wasn’t nearly so easy on the IC software.

Well, that's certainly easier than it was at IC, but not as easy as just typing a number...

Back