2024 Political Polls

• Thread starter Thread starter nycfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 2K
  • Views: 56K
  • Politics 
“… The vice president's small lead was fueled by big shifts among some key demographic groups traditionally crucial for Democrats, including Hispanic and Black voters and young people. Among those with annual incomes of less than $20,000, in the biggest change, a three-point Trump edge over Biden in June has become a 23-point Harris advantage over Trump in August.

The poll of 1,000 likely voters, taken by landline and cellphone Sunday through Wednesday, has a margin of error of plus or minus 3.1 percentage points. With the election approaching, the survey is now measuring likely voters; previous polls were of registered voters.

Without the customary rounding of results, her edge would be closer to four points than five, 47.6%-43.3%. …”

More from USA Today:

“…
Among the biggest shifts since June, all outside the poll's margin of error:

• Voters 18 to 34 years old moved from supporting Trump by 11 points to supporting Harris by 13 points, 49%-36%.
  • Hispanics, a group the Republican campaign has been cultivating, moved from supporting Trump by two points to supporting Harris by 16 points, 53%-37%.
  • Black voters, traditionally one of the most overwhelmingly Democratic groups, moved from supporting Biden by 47 points to supporting Harris by 64 points, 76%-12%. …”

More from USA Today:

“…
Among the biggest shifts since June, all outside the poll's margin of error:

• Voters 18 to 34 years old moved from supporting Trump by 11 points to supporting Harris by 13 points, 49%-36%.
  • Hispanics, a group the Republican campaign has been cultivating, moved from supporting Trump by two points to supporting Harris by 16 points, 53%-37%.
  • Black voters, traditionally one of the most overwhelmingly Democratic groups, moved from supporting Biden by 47 points to supporting Harris by 64 points, 76%-12%. …”
I find it hard to believe that a majority of 18-34 support Trump at all, much less by 11 pts.

“… Nearly 30% of respondents said the country is headed in the right direction, a 9-point jump from early July, while 61% said the country is headed in the wrong direction, a 9-point decrease. The figures reflect the most favorable view of the country’s trajectory since at least November 2021.

The shift was largely driven by Democrats, who recorded a 13-point jump in the share that said the country was headed in the right direction when compared with early July. A majority of independents still believe the country is headed in the wrong direction, but the number of independents who said the country is headed in the right direction rose by 9 points from early July. …”

So I see Trump ads blaming Kamala because several people have been killed by illegal immigrants.

Perhaps Kamala should run this in an ad ...

I find it hard to believe that a majority of 18-34 support Trump at all, much less by 11 pts.
I think that group, with the economic hardships hitting them the most lately, was so incredibly detached from Biden and his age....

Back