2024 Presidential Election | 44 Days to Election Day

• Thread starter Thread starter nycfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 4K
  • Views: 90K
  • Politics 
Well, first you have to consider if Elon knows what the right direction to steer Trump would even be. And after hearing him say "yeah" 5,000 times in agreement with Trump's nonsense, I don't think he had a clue.
That's because Elon doesn't have a stance. He just wants more $$$$ for himself because he's an evil, greedy SOB. He doesn't care about Trump at all. He wants chaos and fortune.

It could also help in states adjoining a state with a referendum. Voters in parts of Pennsylvania & Georgia might get their news from Maryland and Florida.
AZ certified yesterday

Arizona voters will get to decide in November whether to add the right to an abortion to the state constitution.

The Arizona secretary of state’s office said Monday that it had certified 577,971 signatures — far above the required number that the coalition supporting the ballot measure had to submit in order to put the question before voters.

The coalition, Arizona for Abortion Access, said it is the most signatures validated for a citizens initiative in state history.

The issue already is set to go before voters this year in Colorado, Florida, Maryland, Nevada, New York and South Dakota.

AZ certified yesterday

Arizona voters will get to decide in November whether to add the right to an abortion to the state constitution.

The Arizona secretary of state’s office said Monday that it had certified 577,971 signatures — far above the required number that the coalition supporting the ballot measure had to submit in order to put the question before voters.

The coalition, Arizona for Abortion Access, said it is the most signatures validated for a citizens initiative in state history.

The issue already is set to go before voters this year in Colorado, Florida, Maryland, Nevada, New York and South Dakota.

Well that's good news for team Blue

Heck if the abortion measures lead to blue wins, this is the map:

1723550942285.png

Last edited:

Circuit Judge Eric Miller, appointed to the court by Republican former President Donald Trump, wrote for the appeals court that Meta was a “purely private” company with a First Amendment right not to use its platform to promote views it found distasteful.

“Meta evidently believes that vaccines are safe and effective and that their use should be encouraged,” Miller wrote. “It does not lose the right to promote those views simply because they happen to be shared by the government.”

Is it bad to be aware of both sides?
Your posting on issues on this site seem to all contain a variation of the HY2012 stance that Trump won't actually do what he says he wants to do. The implication is it's not as bad as it seems because he can't do it anyway. That's just letting him off the hook for the crazy stuff he says and even if he isn't able to do everything he wants, simply wanting to do it should be disqualifying enough by itself.

“Boomers are fucking idiots, I mean we went from sex, drugs, and rocknroll to Fox News…”

- M. Cuban
Dude is killing right now… if he played his cards right he could be prez in 2028
No hell no. President is not a job for a trainee. Trump has vividly demonstrated that anyone seriously running for President should have a strong resume in elected office. That includes Marc Cuban or Michelle Obama. If Cuban wants to be President he should run for Congress, Senate, or Governor first, then consider running for President.

“Boomers are fucking idiots, I mean we went from sex, drugs, and rocknroll to Fox News…”

- M. Cuban
Dude is killing right now… if he played his cards right he could be prez in 2028
I think the only way Cuban could salvage my view of him is to become a two term Democratic president. His selling of the Mavs to that Adelson ghoul …. Wtf, Mark?

Project 2025 is the brain child of lunatics. There's exactly zero chance Trump has read a single page of that document. He's already disavowed P2025.

Again, we're talking about what has a realistic chance of happening and a president ending/ruining the country is just not going to happen.

This type of hyperbole is par for the course during election time. Republicans said that if Biden won, they'd go door to door confiscating guns, outlaw home schooling, a national mask/vaccine mandate, free healthcare for illegal immigrants... the list was long.
Lunatics that Trump has taken on his private plane? Or that his VP pick wrote the foreword of the chief author’s book? The Heritage Foundation is not some fringe group nobody listens to. It is the primary policy think tank of the Republican Party. If you think Trump has actually disavowed Project 2025, checkout Agenda 47 which is Trump’s policy platform. It wouldn’t pass a plagiarism check when compared to project 2025. He’s disavowed the name Project 2025 because it polls poorly.

Lunatics that Trump has taken on his private plane? Or that his VP pick wrote the foreword of the chief author’s book? The Heritage Foundation is not some fringe group nobody listens to. It is the primary policy think tank of the Republican Party. If you think Trump has actually disavowed Project 2025, checkout Agenda 47 which is Trump’s policy platform. It wouldn’t pass a plagiarism check when compared to project 2025. He’s disavowed the name Project 2025 because it polls poorly.
Believe it or not, when I was in the NY Finger Lakes region during the previous two weeks, in addition to A LOT of Trump signage, I saw a house that had a pro-Project 2025 sign in front of it. It blew my mind.

Your posting on issues on this site seem to all contain a variation of the HY2012 stance that Trump won't actually do what he says he wants to do. The implication is it's not as bad as it seems because he can't do it anyway. That's just letting him off the hook for the crazy stuff he says and even if he isn't able to do everything he wants, simply wanting to do it should be disqualifying enough by itself.
In general, I think politicians are difficult to read. They tend to change their message depending on their audience and tend to talk very vaguely about topics to give themselves wiggle room. Their views can shift as quickly as the wind and they often seem to put a priority on getting and keeping their jobs over conveying their true opinions.

Trump is the politician that is the most difficult to read, at least in my lifetime. I don't think he writes speeches and even if he uses a teleprompter, he rarely follows it. He just says things; whatever comes to mind that sounds good in the moment. He'll say one thing now and say the opposite in 5 minutes.

Another reason why I don't see him as a serious threat to the country is because, yes, I probably have more faith in our system and the people running it than a lot of Democrats do. I saw research years ago that showed that one of the big differences between Republicans and Democrats was risk tolerance. When it comes to Trump, the risk seen by Democrats is so vivid and realistic that it's almost like it's already happening.

I definitely will look at Agenda 47. I've never heard of it.

In general, I think politicians are difficult to read. They tend to change their message depending on their audience and tend to talk very vaguely about topics to give themselves wiggle room. Their views can shift as quickly as the wind and they often seem to put a priority on getting and keeping their jobs over conveying their true opinions.

Trump is the politician that is the most difficult to read, at least in my lifetime. I don't think he writes speeches and even if he uses a teleprompter, he rarely follows it. He just says things; whatever comes to mind that sounds good in the moment. He'll say one thing now and say the opposite in 5 minutes.

Another reason why I don't see him as a serious threat to the country is because, yes, I probably have more faith in our system and the people running it than a lot of Democrats do. I saw research years ago that showed that one of the big differences between Republicans and Democrats was risk tolerance. When it comes to Trump, the risk seen by Democrats is so vivid and realistic that it's almost like it's already happening.
This is beyond stupid.

Trump is exceedingly transparent in his motives and thought process. His only goals are more power, more crowds, more adoration, more money. He’s pure ego, no self-reflection.

He has zero respect for democratic norms, laws, honesty, fair play, etc. This is obvious to anyone who’s been paying attention over the course of his life.

He doesn’t give a shit about actual policies or processes to enact laws that benefit the US populace. He’s much too dumb and not intellectually curious enough to try to learn about international and national issues. Instead, he enjoys the photo op of signing a bill, or the spotlight of being on stage with other world leaders.

This is why he might say one thing today and another tomorrow.

You’re purposefully ignoring J6, Trumpism, various Trump court cases, and recent Supreme Court decisions that have brought into stark relief the dangers we face.

This isn’t like Rs constantly whining about SOsHUlISM!!!!111.

Last edited:
Puhleez… don’t mess with the boys zen vibe. The Zen dude abides! 🤪 haha

Trump is “difficult to read”? Ha! Dude… now we KNOW you’re blowing smoke up our arse.

Back