2024 Presidential Election | 46 Days to Election Day

• Thread starter Thread starter nycfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 4K
  • Views: 88K
  • Politics 

Kristol may just be needling Team Trump but he does seem to still have good GOP sources even as he has been cast out into the Neocon wilderness.

Keep your eyes open for maneuvers like this across the country. Georgia BOE's GOP members are already working to undermine their elections process.

"Tuesday’s meeting is set in the wake of a lawsuit filed by American Oversight on July 19 against conservative appointed election board members Rick Jeffares, Janice Johnston, and Janelle King alleging they failed to provide timely public notice for the July 12 meeting that did not have enough board members present. Those three board members say they are unsure or don’t accept that President Joe Biden was the winner of Georgia’s 2020 presidential election."

On Monday night, more than 53,000 Black men joined a virtual conference, Win With Black Men, to rally behind the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee, Kamala Harris. During the four-hour call, organizers said the group raised more than $1.3m for the Harris campaign and grassroots voter organizations focused on Black men.

The success of the call, which was inspired by the Win With Black Women call the night before, runs counter to the narrative shaped by recent election polling indicating that 30% of Black men are planning on voting for Donald Trump. “Don’t let anybody slow us down asking the question: ‘Can a Black woman be elected president of the United States?’” Raphael Warnock, who represents Georgia in the US Senate, said on the call. “Kamala Harris can win. We just have to show up. History is watching us, and the future is waiting on us.”

Some misinformation should be ignored or denied oxygen to prevent proliferation - completely agree there. But some should be combatted head-on and defeated. I believe this issue falls under the latter, particularly with the legitimate but often inflated issue of immigration and/or the situation at the border. Dems should have aggressively gone at "defund the police" the second Pubs took it and ran with it too, but they didn't, and Pubs were able to make it into a non-thing thing.

I don't think you (or farce) are wrong with the stance you're taking, I just don't agree that ignoring this particular point is the best way to go. Agree to disagree.
I think we all would do well to prioritize winning elections over winning debates.

As another poster correctly started above “If you’re explaining, you’re losing”.

ETA: To be clear, if a Trump poster brings that BS over here, we’re free to explain it all to them, but FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT’S HOLY, we (meaning Anti-Trump voters) should not be reposting that drivel ourselves.

Last edited:
I mean, you’re 100% free to have that debate, but you have to remember, THAT’S THE DEBATE THEY WANT TO HAVE, for crying out loud (I mean that’s precisely why they put out that press release).

you want Kamala to be defined out of the gate on by US border policy then, fine, by all means have that debate, but know you are losing us this election.

There’s only so much oxygen to go around. Use yours on having a debate WE WANT TO HAVE.

Do I really need to post that my comment about checking to make sure Emhoff is circumcised is a joke? Come on, guys.
I didn’t think so but some folks were bothered and you weren’t around. We had just gotten spammed by a bad faith poster earlier, so folks were too on edge. I can remove the community note if you like.

We’re still feeling our way around here and don’t have a staff of moderators to nurture open forums but avoid hostilities. Maybe that just isn’t really possible in the long run, but it takes all of us to try the ignore function, walk away from trolls and have some common sense to make it work long term.

Right now they seem more like a combo of some Republicans panicking about the pick and some anti-Trump folks sensing they have a moment on social media and pushing the narrative for all it’s worth.

Removal would mean Trump having to admit he was wrong about picking Vance, and would mean angering some moneybag funding sources. Both seem unlikely for Trump.
Removal of Vance is a Thomas Eagleton moment from 1972. McGovern was losing regardless in 1972; but, the Tom Eagleton showed a campaign in disarray.

Now let’s see the media dig into JD Vance’s “negative experiences” with the police.

I didn’t think so but some folks were bothered and you weren’t around. We had just gotten spammed by a bad faith poster earlier, so folks were too on edge. I can remove the community note if you like.

We’re still feeling our way around here and don’t have a staff of moderators to nurture open forums but avoid hostilities. Maybe that just isn’t really possible in the long run, but it takes all of us to try the ignore function, walk away from trolls and have some common sense to make it work long term.

I have inspected @p5mmr9's foreskin - or lack thereof - he's legit

How would it work for Vance to be “fired”? He can’t actually be fired because he was nominated and approved by the convention. I guess he’d have to be convinced to step down (he’d have to come up with a face-saving excuse). Would the Republicans need to reconvene to nominate and vote on a replacement?

Back