2024 Presidential Election | 46 Days to Election Day

• Thread starter Thread starter nycfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 4K
  • Views: 88K
  • Politics 
I'd say that Kamala is winning at the moment. It's not in the polls just yet, but the momentum has shifted a lot. And she has a lot of room to grow.

I'd also say there's a non-trivial chance of an 08 magnitude landslide. I'm not saying that's a likely outcome, but I think it's on the table. For years, MAGA has been running the risk of complete implosion. In fact, in some places, it has imploded (like AZ and MI). And Trump's campaign has that risk, since Trump himself seems intent on alienating everyone not in his base, just so he can get more plaudits from his base.

Basically Trump has been surviving on smoke and mirrors -- i.e. Biden is old, and inflation. Biden's not here any more, and inflation has subsided. Interest rates are going to be cut; the economy is still humming; inflation is at 2%; and wages keep going up. There's substantial evidence that the absolute state of the economy matters less in a presidential election than the direction of the economy, and the direction of the economy continues to trend upward.

In 1984, for instance, the economy had still not recovered what was lost from 81-83. And Reagan wasn't actually that popular in spring of 1984. But the economy was trending in the right direction and so it was "Morning in America." There's not going to be that level of landslide, obviously, but there's a chance for Kamala to be boosted by Trump's idiocy and the economic tailwinds to a resounding victory.

As long as she continues to be likeable while eliciting "get off my lawn" reactions from old, stuffy white dudes from the South, it will help her immensely.

The advance team is apparently not doing Vance any favors:

In fairness, I pronounce it Neh-VAH-da too, and I suspect a lot of folks do. But if I was the VP nominee, I'd make damn sure I knew how the locals pronounced it and try to follow suit...

In fairness, I pronounce it Neh-VAH-da too, and I suspect a lot of folks do. But if I was the VP nominee, I'd make damn sure I knew how the locals pronounced it and try to follow suit...
This (relatively) famously happened to an obstinate Trump in 2016:

Gave me a flashback to Republicans attacking Obama for how he pronounced Pakistan.

He’s getting bored with his own assassination attempt tale — at least enough to be distracted by a woman in a white dress.

He seems off tonight … like tired, out of gas, sundowning even? Tough day, TBH.

Silence Of The Lambs Hannibal GIF

I'd say that Kamala is winning at the moment. It's not in the polls just yet, but the momentum has shifted a lot. And she has a lot of room to grow.

I'd also say there's a non-trivial chance of an 08 magnitude landslide. I'm not saying that's a likely outcome, but I think it's on the table. For years, MAGA has been running the risk of complete implosion. In fact, in some places, it has imploded (like AZ and MI). And Trump's campaign has that risk, since Trump himself seems intent on alienating everyone not in his base, just so he can get more plaudits from his base.

Basically Trump has been surviving on smoke and mirrors -- i.e. Biden is old, and inflation. Biden's not here any more, and inflation has subsided. Interest rates are going to be cut; the economy is still humming; inflation is at 2%; and wages keep going up. There's substantial evidence that the absolute state of the economy matters less in a presidential election than the direction of the economy, and the direction of the economy continues to trend upward.

In 1984, for instance, the economy had still not recovered what was lost from 81-83. And Reagan wasn't actually that popular in spring of 1984. But the economy was trending in the right direction and so it was "Morning in America." There's not going to be that level of landslide, obviously, but there's a chance for Kamala to be boosted by Trump's idiocy and the economic tailwinds to a resounding victory.

As long as she continues to be likeable while eliciting "get off my lawn" reactions from old, stuffy white dudes from the South, it will help her immensely.
Why I agree with you about the landslide is that as soon as the polls start showing that Kamala is going to take it, the MAGA idiots aren’t even going to go to the polls to vote. They don’t want to be associated with the losing side (too late)

Agree….. it’s going to be a landslide just like in 2016……

Trump has ZERO chance.

Remember all the celebrations the night Hilliary won??? Good times!!!!!

Agree….. it’s going to be a landslide just like in 2016……

Trump has ZERO chance.

Remember all the celebrations the night Hilliary won??? Good times!!!!!
I remember AMERICA celebrating in 2020 when they announced Biden’s victory during one of Trump’s golf outings.

Kamala speaking now in Houston. Sigma Gamma Ro Sorority …

Starting with planned stump speech. “Aren’t so many of us empirical evidence of the promise of America … greater service, brings greater progress (praising the sorority now) …”

Back