2024 Presidential Election | 47 Days to Election Day

• Thread starter Thread starter nycfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 4K
  • Views: 88K
  • Politics 
was
Somebody had a message I should attach this-but I can't find it so I will just attach it here
Harris will push for renewal of the Child tax credit and perhaps more Child Care subsidies
Pretty good for the childless Cat lady
winning message and I hope she leans into this more. Combine with universal daycare and pre-k (I would prefer through public schools but could also see how vouchers for private daycare would be easier to pass) + provisions for elder care.

I really hope Harris tells Hoffman what he wants to hear now but keeps Khan at the FTC. She has been a bright spot in Biden’s admin. I’d be more than willing to give Harris more $$$ if she agrees to keep Khan in charge of the FTC.

I understand the pragmatism of taking the money now, but billionaires shouldn’t influence policy (that’s why they shouldn’t exist at all.)
I wonder if they weren’t able to influence policy if they would be able to exist?

I wonder if they weren’t able to influence policy if they would be able to exist?
Some would. I mean, it depends on what you mean by "influence policy." If you count as influence the fact that capital gains aren't taxed until realized, sure -- but I'm not sure that's a billionaire driven feature of the tax code. And folks like Buffet were going to make billions.

Imagine how rich Gates would be if he didn't retire from MS and start giving away his money.

Americans don’t agree on much but I guess we agree on this.

I hope Biden’s ego is not as fragile as most politicians, it has to be hard to see people so excited about you stepping aside, I don’t care how justified or overdue the decision.

I hope Biden’s ego is not as fragile as most politicians, it has to be hard to see people so excited about you stepping aside, I don’t care how justified or overdue the decision.

Here's how I look at it. Less than 50 people in the history of the country have been president. Count your blessings, Joe. You are in one of the most select clubs in the entire history of the country and arguably all of modern history. That you couldn't get a second term shouldn't diminish you in any way.

Who are the 8% of Americans who never tip when eating at a sit down restaurant!!!

There is truly no bottom to how despicable and utterly depraved many of the people most heavily involved in the MAGA movement are. Even after almost 10 years of this, stuff like this still stuns me. It should not, but it does, and I hope I don’t ever become desensitized to how disgusting this whole movement is. I don’t think there is a day that goes by where I don’t think about what an imbecile I was to vote for this mess in the first place in 2016.

Who are the 8% of Americans who never tip when eating at a sit down restaurant!!!
Tiger Woods and Ben Roethlisberger are two. Big Ben maybe started tipping after that whole rape thing, but he didn't for his first few years in the league. And Tiger famously does not tip.

There is truly no bottom to how despicable and utterly depraved many of the people most heavily involved in the MAGA movement are. Even after almost 10 years of this, stuff like this still stuns me. It should not, but it does, and I hope I don’t ever become desensitized to how disgusting this whole movement is. I don’t think there is a day that goes by where I don’t think about what an imbecile I was to vote for this mess in the first place in 2016.

Imbecile may be a bit much. Let's just chalk it up to ignorance. A lot of people haven't changed as you have. They remain ignorant.

Back