2024 races other than POTUS…

With this kind of backpedaling he would make a great defensive back.
And anybody who believes him about this is a gullible fool. If elected he'll change his tune so fast on this and other issues it will make most people's heads spin. Stein really needs to keep hammering him on this and not let him get away with trying to portray himself as some kind of "moderate" on this issue, because he's not.

Peltola Finishes First in Alaska House Primary, With Begich as Top Challenger​

The conservative son of a prominent liberal Alaska political family came in second in a ranked-choice primary that could play out similarly to 2022, when Republicans split their votes and elected a Democrat.

"...Nick Begich III, the Republican son of a prominent liberal political family in Alaska, who ran for the seat in 2022 and has been endorsed by the right-wing House Freedom Caucus, ranked second, with 27 percent, according to The Associated Press. He beat out Nancy Dahlstrom, the Republican lieutenant governor endorsed by former President Donald J. Trump and Speaker Mike Johnson, who had 20 percent, according to the A.P., which reported the results Wednesday morning with nearly 90 percent of the state’s precincts tallied. They were the only two challengers in the race who had reported raising any money.

Mr. Begich had said he would drop out of the race if he finished behind Ms. Dahlstrom, which Democrats feared could make for a tougher contest for Ms. Peltola, consolidating Republican support behind a single viable G.O.P. candidate instead of splintering it among several, as happened when she won the seat in 2022. But Ms. Dahlstrom has made no such commitment, and Ms. Peltola’s commanding lead suggested she could prevail even if Republicans united behind one challenger. ..."

----

An important race in the effort to control the House this election. Peltola is a conservative Democrat, but a Democrat.

That would have been incredible! Pearl Jam in an outdoor concert in Montana in late August? Sounds about perfect.
I have only ever see them live once and it was at Jazzfest in New Orleans in May and it was not perfect. I think I still have chafing from the sweat pouring off me. I liked the city, but never want to live in a swamp again.

Saw PJ in Hampton at the Coliseum maybe 7-8 years ago, and they were still rocking. My ears were ringing pretty good the next day.

This is really good to hear. I hope there's finally a backlash against all the MAGA wackos who have stomped their way onto local government boards so that they can behave like unhinged lunatics trying to impose a peculiar blend of sexual puritanism and right-wing christofascist mandates on all sorts of public institutions.

I wonder who are all the people waiting for the endorsement of this drunk woman to make their voting decision?
Drunk woman using (and wrecking) a state vehicle when she wasn’t supposed to be using it. Wasn’t it also a “hit-and-run?” She definitely left the scene of the crime.

Back