2024 races other than POTUS…

It may seem weird that Hawley is going to win, but as someone who has lived in Missouri, it’s definitely not. Pretty sure no state in the country has shifted more rightward over the last 20 years.

Background on Hawley’s manhood fixations — somehow this guy has a 9+ point lead for re-election:

Another Peter Thiel weirdo.
It's Missouri, which is now about as deep-red as Tennessee or Oklahoma. I'm not sure what Hawley could do that might give the Democrat a chance to win that race - maybe shooting someone on camera, depending on who the person was (if it's a minority or immigrant it might increase his chances). His behavior in stalking an opponent that he leads by nearly double digits and will almost certainly defeat is definitely strange though (dare I say weird?) It could be that he's just crazy and weird like Trump, Vance, and any number of other Trumpers. Some are smarter than they appear and are just doing and saying what they're doing and saying to grift from the gullible Trump base and gain power for themselves, but Hawley may be a true believer nutcase. He certainly seems to have some serious hangups about his masculinity and acting tough and macho in public.

It's Missouri, which is now about as deep-red as Tennessee or Oklahoma. I'm not sure what Hawley could do that might give the Democrat a chance to win that race - maybe shooting someone on camera, depending on who the person was (if it's a minority or immigrant it might increase his chances). His behavior in stalking an opponent that he leads by nearly double digits and will almost certainly defeat is definitely strange though (dare I say weird?) It could be that he's just crazy and weird like Trump, Vance, and any number of other Trumpers. Some are smarter than they appear and are just doing and saying what they're doing and saying to grift from the gullible Trump base and gain power for themselves, but Hawley may be a true believer nutcase. He certainly seems to have some serious hangups about his masculinity and acting tough and macho in public.
The best way to make the base happy is to try and dunk on libs. So accosting them and basically calling him a pussy for not debating on the spot probably has the red hats thinking he is awesome.

The “good” thing about Trump (assuming you want him to lose) is no matter how bad things get, he won’t step aside for the good of the country/party. He’s obviously not Biden. He’ll burn the whole thing down before he’d do what Biden did…even if it costs the Pubs POTUS and both chambers of Congress. And Governor seats.

The “good” thing about Trump (assuming you want him to lose) is no matter how bad things get, he won’t step aside for the good of the country/party. He’s obviously not Biden. He’ll burn the whole thing down before he’d do what Biden did…even if it costs the Pubs POTUS and both chambers of Congress. And Governor seats.
Well, at this point, it is simply too late for Trump to step down. As the Heritage Foundation just helpfully demonstrated, a number of states don't permit ballot changes in August after the party nomination is finalized. So, the Republicans are stuck with Trump whether they want him or not.

Then why are only the president race battleground states listed?
There are other close races.
OK, maybe it was about senate races in presidential races. IDK. Maybe my comment was a bit off target.

Point is, I'm concerned about Sherrod Brown.

OK, maybe it was about senate races in presidential races. IDK. Maybe my comment was a bit off target.

Point is, I'm concerned about Sherrod Brown.
I think you're both right. The most likely reason is that the senate polling happened in those particular states because they were add on questions to a "presidential battleground state poll". It's virtually no expense to add a question to a poll you're going to do anyway, and extremely expensive to do a whole new poll just for Ohio senate. Nothing odd about not seeing Ohio on that list. Also prudent to be worried about OH senate because, you know, Ohio.

Well, at this point, it is simply too late for Trump to step down. As the Heritage Foundation just helpfully demonstrated, a number of states don't permit ballot changes in August after the party nomination is finalized. So, the Republicans are stuck with Trump whether they want him or not.
But there is one set of "rules" when there is a (D) after the candidate's name and a completely different set of rules when there is an (R) after the candidate's name. If St. Donald of Mar-a-Lago were to decide to participate in the PGA Senior Circuit full time, then all the Republican states would change the rules and all the Democratic states would do the same thing, just to be fair.

Back