Best Movies Filmed in NC

• Thread starter Thread starter aGDevil2k
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 99
  • Views: 984
  • Off-Topic 
A Bit o Being There was filmed in Asheville at the Biltmore House and Estate. I always thought that was a good movie. Peter Sellers

Good lord. I had no idea how many movies were filmed in NC!

Is it true that the Cathy family (Chick-Fil-A) made some substantial contributions to GOP politicians to get them to kill the state subsidies film makers were getting in order to redirect filming to the Georgia studio they were building? That and the GOP politicians did not like the union wages film workers were getting.

In re: "Three In the Attic" My older brother was at UNC at the time of the filming and supposedly Larry Miller when on a date with Yvette Mimieux. Anyone know if this is true?

Is it true that the Cathy family (Chick-Fil-A) made some substantial contributions to GOP politicians to get them to kill the state subsidies film makers were getting in order to redirect filming to the Georgia studio they were building? That and the GOP politicians did not like the union wages film workers were getting.

In re: "Three In the Attic" My older brother was at UNC at the time of the filming and supposedly Larry Miller when on a date with Yvette Mimieux. Anyone know if this is true?
Given the stories I have heard about our local state Senator being in the pockets of local developers, I do not doubt the validity of your accusation in the slightest.

Three in the Attic.

Most here will recognize many buildings/sites.

I don't know if I should feel insulted or flattered that the "bad guy" lothario in this movie was member of the Zeta Chi fraternity. No such fraternity exists at Carolina, but I was a member of Zeta Psi, which was a popular landing spot for several generations of guys in my hometown who went to Carolina...

No but Thunder Road probably deserves some.

Absolutely - and it hit on a lot of the pressures coming down on Appalachia without treating folks there as idiots. Several good clips at this link.

Back