“Black peoples jobs”

Scenario 1: Providing a pathway to citizenship for all undocumented immigrants in the United States would boost U.S. gross domestic product (GDP) by a cumulative total of $1.7 trillion over 10 years and create 438,800 new jobs.6

• Five years after implementation, those eligible would earn annual wages that are $4,300 higher.
  • Ten years after implementation, those annual wages would be $14,000 higher, and all other American workers would see their annual wages increase by $700.7
Scenario 2: Providing a pathway to citizenship for undocumented immigrants who are essential workers would boost the GDP by a cumulative total of $989 billion over 10 years and create 203,200 new jobs.

• Five years after implementation, those eligible would experience annual wages that are $4,300 higher.
  • Ten years after implementation, those annual wages would be $11,800 higher, and all other American workers would see their annual wages increase by $300.
Scenario 3: Enacting the American Dream and Promise Act (H.R. 6) would increase U.S. GDP by a cumulative total of $799 billion over 10 years and create 285,400 new jobs.

• Five years after implementation, those eligible would experience annual wages that are $4,300 higher.
  • Ten years after implementation, those annual wages would be $16,800 higher, and all other American workers would see their annual wages increase by $400.
Scenario 4: Providing a pathway to citizenship for H.R. 6-eligible and undocumented essential workers would boost the GDP by a cumulative total of $1.5 trillion over 10 years and create 400,800 new jobs.8

• Ten years after implementation, those annual wages would be $13,500 higher, and all other American workers would see their annual wages increase by $600.

I don’t.
I want employers to pay their taxes. That’s all. I don’t like tax cheats and you seem to. You can stop now.
If that is your takeaway from what I wrote then I don't know what to say. Surely that is not your takeaway. I have routinely said that we need to support those folks who cannot work, be it through "day labor" or other means. It's not a good idea to eliminate avenue(s) for them to be able to eat and feed their family. And if you are going to do that, then you must create a new avenue(s) - hence the "emergency work permit" idea that I mentioned a few pages ago. Do you honestly disagree with that? I seriously doubt you do. I think you're just into arguing.

The obvious answer is to simplify and expedite the process to citizenship while also expanding the process by which immigrants can obtain worker’s permits that allow them to be paid higher wages on taxable income.
Yes, I agree. I still think they should be allowed to work as they go through the process - a temporary "emergency" worker permit.

If that is your takeaway from what I wrote then I don't know what to say. Surely that is not your takeaway. I have routinely said that we need to support those folks who cannot work, be it through "day labor" or other means. It's not a good idea to eliminate avenue(s) for them to be able to eat and feed their family. And if you are going to do that, then you must create a new avenue(s) - hence the "emergency work permit" idea that I mentioned a few pages ago. Do you honestly disagree with that? I seriously doubt you do. I think you're just into arguing.
I don’t care. I want employers to pay taxes. Undocumented workers can already pay taxes…are you suggesting they shouldn’t?

Scenario 1: Providing a pathway to citizenship for all undocumented immigrants in the United States would boost U.S. gross domestic product (GDP) by a cumulative total of $1.7 trillion over 10 years and create 438,800 new jobs.6

• Five years after implementation, those eligible would earn annual wages that are $4,300 higher.
  • Ten years after implementation, those annual wages would be $14,000 higher, and all other American workers would see their annual wages increase by $700.7
Scenario 2: Providing a pathway to citizenship for undocumented immigrants who are essential workers would boost the GDP by a cumulative total of $989 billion over 10 years and create 203,200 new jobs.

• Ten years after implementation, those annual wages would be $11,800 higher, and all other American workers would see their annual wages increase by $300.
Scenario 3: Enacting the American Dream and Promise Act (H.R. 6) would increase U.S. GDP by a cumulative total of $799 billion over 10 years and create 285,400 new jobs.

• Ten years after implementation, those annual wages would be $16,800 higher, and all other American workers would see their annual wages increase by $400.
Scenario 4: Providing a pathway to citizenship for H.R. 6-eligible and undocumented essential workers would boost the GDP by a cumulative total of $1.5 trillion over 10 years and create 400,800 new jobs.8

• Ten years after implementation, those annual wages would be $13,500 higher, and all other American workers would see their annual wages increase by $600.
Come on man, there stealing jobs. We should send them all back to where they came from and really tank the economy.

:unsure: :sick:🤮

Those trump policies make me sick every time.

You don't strike me as the kind of person that would be in favor of making it harder on those fleeing horrible situations for a better life. So, I guess this is your way of getting out of the discussion, rather than simply saying, "yeah, you're right, I didn't really think it through."

You don't strike me as the kind of person that would be in favor of making it harder on those fleeing horrible situations for a better life. So, I guess this is your way of getting out of the discussion, rather than simply saying, "yeah, you're right, I didn't really think it through."
Seriously, dude, what are you talking about? You keep saying the same thing over despite me saying I don’t care because you are on a topic completely separate.

Sorry to hear about your uncle.

Doesn't really answer the question, though. My understanding is that illegals do *not* add more crime to the country, relative to other groups.
“Research by the Urban Institute shows 40 states report race in arrest records, but only 15 report ethnicities.

Counting or failing to count Latinos in our crime metrics has impacts far beyond this specific group of people. Failing to count Latinos means they are often captured as White people in the data”

So seems there is a lack of data. But either way the number of undocumented people is too many and it is an unneeded risk.

Last edited:
So, you wrote poorly and wrote, “illegal Spiel;” when it should have been written, “illegal, Spiel.”

Don’t blame me for asking for clarity when you communicated poorly. I’m not tracking that you were responding to TarSpiel. I hadn’t a clue to whom you were responding. I was reading your post and its content wasn’t clear because of your writing.
I thought the quote reply made it clear and I do make errors typing replies out on my phone from time to time. Apologies.

LOL. Reality doesn't matter -- we have too many undocumented people because I say so and it's a risk that I cannot actually articulate!

GTFOH.
TarSpiel’s claim is a guess because of how crime arrests are reported in most states. I didn’t imply reality doesn’t matter.

“Research by the Urban Institute shows 40 states report race in arrest records, but only 15 report ethnicities.

Counting or failing to count Latinos in our crime metrics has impacts far beyond this specific group of people. Failing to count Latinos means they are often captured as White people in the data”

So seems there is a lack of data. But either way the number of undocumented people is too many and it is an unneeded risk.
Latinos and people of Spanish origins aren’t white?

Back