Civil War

I could easily see riots in those battleground states where he lost, especially if states like Florida and Carolina flip.
He won't go quietly. He knows that if he is simply a regular citizen, the civil and criminal trials will commence.

I could easily see riots in those battleground states where he lost, especially if states like Florida and Carolina flip.
He won't go quietly. He knows that if he is simply a regular citizen, the civil and criminal trials will commence.
pretty much how I see it. He needs to be protected in the near term by Presidential immunity. Over the long term, his court of extremists has his back regardless.

Donald Trump has zero desire to start an actual Civil War. He's a coward by nature. He likes prosperity and being popular. He will not intentionally launch the country into open violence and warfare.

Now, there are some truly ghoulish people around Trump who might think a Civil War could be a good thing, and might take actions and make recommendations to Trump that cause us to head in that direction. The likes of Peter Thiel and. increasingly, Elon Musk likely see global disorder and the erosion of the US government and administrative state as a chance to impose a new sort of global order with themselves at the head (they basically want to be the bad guys in Ready Player One.) The likes of Stephen Miller and Steve Bannon are unrepentant fascists and white nationalists who would probably have no qualms about trying to create a right-wing state by force if they can't do it through electoral politics. They all probably think they can bamboozle Trump into doing whatever they want - including by manipulating him to do things that would launch us towards a Civil War, even if that's not what Trump thought he was doing.

To be clear, it's hard to understate how devastating a real Civil War would be for the US. Not to mention how incredibly destabilizing it would be for the rest of the world. Anyone who wants it to happen, or even considers it as a legitimate option, is a psycho, a moron, or both.

Donald Trump has zero desire to start an actual Civil War. He's a coward by nature. He likes prosperity and being popular. He will not intentionally launch the country into open violence and warfare.

Now, there are some truly ghoulish people around Trump who might think a Civil War could be a good thing, and might take actions and make recommendations to Trump that cause us to head in that direction. The likes of Peter Thiel and. increasingly, Elon Musk likely see global disorder and the erosion of the US government and administrative state as a chance to impose a new sort of global order with themselves at the head (they basically want to be the bad guys in Ready Player One.) The likes of Stephen Miller and Steve Bannon are unrepentant fascists and white nationalists who would probably have no qualms about trying to create a right-wing state by force if they can't do it through electoral politics. They all probably think they can bamboozle Trump into doing whatever they want - including by manipulating him to do things that would launch us towards a Civil War, even if that's not what Trump thought he was doing.

To be clear, it's hard to understate how devastating a real Civil War would be for the US. Not to mention how incredibly destabilizing it would be for the rest of the world. Anyone who wants it to happen, or even considers it as a legitimate option, is a psycho, a moron, or both.
I think you’re downplaying how much Trump would enjoy seeing blood shed in his name. He reportedly really got off on watching the J6ers do their thing. It’s the ultimate ego stroke to see people fighting and potentially dying because they worship you.

ETA: I should clarify that I don’t think there’ll actually BE a civil war. But I think it’s inevitable that Trump will stoke violence, and it’s likely there’ll be isolated pockets of violence and bloodshed.

Last edited:
I think you’re downplaying how much Trump would enjoy seeing blood shed in his name. He reportedly really got off on watching the J6ers do their thing. It’s the ultimate ego stroke to see people fighting and potentially dying because they worship you.
Agree

Had this conversation with friends. I said I believe that between one and five people will lose their lives in the 24 to 48 hours after the election if Trump loses. Some unhinged Trump supporter getting shot by police after driving to a Democrat campaign office or something like that.

If Kamala Harris wins, I really really hope it is by a huge margin so that it diffuses the claims of it being rigged and stuff like that, which will still occur, but probably to a lesser degree.

Civil War, I dont think so. There's no regional divide anymore. It's urban vs rural. I would like to see the country split up as much as anyone, but the only way to split it is little blue islands, because it is simply not regional.

Isolated violence, yes. The larger the win the less their case and anger will be

I disagree with that. I think Trump absolutely loved to see people demonstrating in force on his behalf. I think he loves feeling loved and worshipped for sure. But I don't think that extends to wanting to see blood shed on his behalf. I don't think he got off on that aspect of J6. It's one aspect where Trump really isn't like Hitler. He doesn't really want to be a bloodthirsty dictator, IMO. Sure, he wants people to chant his name and praise him and kiss his ass and he wants to be President and get all the worship and honor and privilege that comes with the title. But he doesn't want to conquer; he doesn't want to subjugate; he doesn't want to set up concentration camps or gas chambers. His more authoritarian tendencies stem from his broader desire to do whatever he wants without anyone getting in his way than from his desire to be a real dictator.

I disagree with that. I think Trump absolutely loved to see people demonstrating in force on his behalf. I think he loves feeling loved and worshipped for sure. But I don't think that extends to wanting to see blood shed on his behalf. I don't think he got off on that aspect of J6. It's one aspect where Trump really isn't like Hitler. He doesn't really want to be a bloodthirsty dictator, IMO. Sure, he wants people to chant his name and praise him and kiss his ass and he wants to be President and get all the worship and honor and privilege that comes with the title. But he doesn't want to conquer; he doesn't want to subjugate; he doesn't want to set up concentration camps or gas chambers. His more authoritarian tendencies stem from his broader desire to do whatever he wants without anyone getting in his way than from his desire to be a real dictator.
His rhetoric and behavior certainly seem to indicate he’s got bloodlust.

His rhetoric and behavior certainly seem to indicate he’s got bloodlust.
I mean he loves to talk but a big powerful tough macho dude because that's what he sees himself as. And he probably loves those memes his followers make of him where he's, like, riding a T-Rex firing off machine guns. But bloodlust? Nah. He's a squeamish high society city boy, a coward at heart. He avoided military service when he was younger. He's not out there advocating for the US invading foreign countries or something; he's an isolationist who opposes military interventions in part because he lacks the backbone for tough decisions. He wants to deport immigrants, not have them publicly executed.

He's all talk, all show. He has no interest in an actual armed revolution. Don't get me wrong, he will absolutely dial up his attempts to steal another election if he loses this one. But he won't be out there calling for armed resistance, even if some of his crazier advisers want him to.

I mean he loves to talk but a big powerful tough macho dude because that's what he sees himself as. And he probably loves those memes his followers make of him where he's, like, riding a T-Rex firing off machine guns. But bloodlust? Nah. He's a squeamish high society city boy, a coward at heart. He avoided military service when he was younger. He's not out there advocating for the US invading foreign countries or something; he's an isolationist who opposes military interventions in part because he lacks the backbone for tough decisions. He wants to deport immigrants, not have them publicly executed.

He's all talk, all show. He has no interest in an actual armed revolution. Don't get me wrong, he will absolutely dial up his attempts to steal another election if he loses this one. But he won't be out there calling for armed resistance, even if some of his crazier advisers want him to.
Again, I think you’re significantly downplaying things.

Yes, Trump is a coward. Yes, Trump would avoid direct battle in the field, anything that could potentially cause him bodily injury or cause him to endure physical exertion of any kind.

But he absolutely revels in watching others fight for him. And he has shown a willingness to get others killed (see J6 chants and attempts to kill Pence, Pelosi, Schumer, etc). He has an utter disregard for the lives of others, and couldn’t care less if his perceived enemies are killed.

Had this conversation with friends. I said I believe that between one and five people will lose their lives in the 24 to 48 hours after the election if Trump loses. Some unhinged Trump supporter getting shot by police after driving to a Democrat campaign office or something like that.

If Kamala Harris wins, I really really hope it is by a huge margin so that it diffuses the claims of it being rigged and stuff like that, which will still occur, but probably to a lesser degree.
First time I read that, I thought it said one IN five people will lose their lives. I was thinking, dude you need some Zoloft or something. LOL.

Who would they fight? What would be the end game?

What would it look like?

Back